|Deadline||Wednesday, 21 October 2020|
Issued Date: October 07, 2020
”Issuing Office & Email/Physical Address for Submission of Proposals:
Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (IUWASH Plus) Jakarta , Mayapada Tower 10th Floor, Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 28, Jakarta 12920 ;
Email : IWPLProc_InboxJKT@dai.com
Deadline for Receipt of Proposals: October 21, 2020 at the latest 16.00 PM.
Soft copy to : IUWASH_Plus_Procurement@dai.com
Point of Contact: IUWASH_Plus_Procurement@dai.com
Anticipated Award Type: Fixed Price Purchase Order
Basis for Award: An award will be made based on the Trade Off Method. The award will be issued to the responsible and reasonable offeror who provides the best value to DAI and its client using a combination of technical and cost/price factors
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-and-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To support daily activities & program, USAID IUWASH PLUS needs experienced translator for translating USAID IUWASH PLUS documents, such as reports, IEC materials, etc. from English to Bahasa Indonesia, or vice versa, with good translation quality. The Translator will work with the USAID IUWASH PLUS National Coordinator, Project Communications within the Advocacy and Communication (component 4) Team.
The task and responsibility of the Translator will generally involve the following:
• Perform good quality translation in terms of technical content, English grammar, good and correct Bahasa Indonesia, punctuation, and format,
• Have good comprehension and understanding of WASH sector and the terminology;
• Agreement on the timeframe for completing the work in question to the level of proficiency required by USAID IUWASH PLUS;
• Liaison and consultation with the communication team with the document in question to obtain any clarifications required;
• Submittal of a final, edited version in an electronic format acceptable to IUWASH PLUS (i.e., MS Word).
Good translation quality of the USAID IUWASH PLUS documents from English to Bahasa Indonesia or vice versa.
Period of Performance:
The Period of Performance is one year, from November 01, 2020 to October 31, 2021.
Available in English (English)