Individual Consultant for Improvement UPTD ALD to Badan Layanan Umum Kota Makassar – District Liaison Officer
(JOB CODE : STTA/BLUD_MKS)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five year-and-eight months initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
- An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidates to fill the position of
Individual Consultant for Improvement UPTD ALD to Badan Layanan Umum Kota Makassar – District Liaison Officer (JOB CODE: STTA/BLUD_MKS )
The main objective is to facilitate and assist in the preparation of PPK BLUD eligibility documents consisting of technical requirements, substantive requirements, and administrative requirements in Kota Makassar.
This this activity will be carried out directly with the UPTD PAL Makassar City, meaning that the District Liaison Officer must have a strong and regular presence both at the UPTD PALD and in other locations where their presence is urgently needed. The person will be hired locally and stationed in Makassar, and she/he will report to Governance Coordinator with the National Sanitation at the Jakarta Office.
“BLUD – District Liaison Officer” will facilitate and assist the task of the PPK BLUD Consultant team for:
· Preparation and implementation of FGD 2 & 3;
o Final review workshop and Submission of Proposed Documents to UPTD and Dinas;
o Workshop on socializing the implementation of PPK BLUD and Signing PERKADA;
· Submission of complete proposal documents from Dinas to SEKDA;
o Assessment process;
o Preparation of RANPERKADA, SPM, Governance Patterns of PPK BLUD;
o facilitation for discussion activities for the first year BLUD program & work plan into the RKPD
· Final Report Preparation
- Have (at least) a bachelor’s degree in Law / Financial engineering / environmental Engineering
- More than 5 years of experience in understanding related to sanitation (domestic wastewater), local government institutional and financial issues and technical matters contained therein in general with the local context, experience in establishing local institutions such as UPTD, BLUD, Perumda is preferred.
- experienced in facilitating / communicating and assisting activities at the local government level
- Experience with USAID programs or International Organization is highly desirable;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English and Indonesian;
- Demonstrated experience in writing of technical reports;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with limited supervision.
Expected Start Date: May 2021
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before April 27, 2021. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Available in English (English)