Project Liaison for Central Maluku District, SSEI Regional Office (JOB CODE : STTA/PL-SSEI)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-and-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidate to fill the position of
Independent Consultant for Project Liaison in District Central Maluku, SSEI Regional Office (JOB CODE : STTA/PL-SSEI)
Under the guidance and direction of the SSEI Team, the consultant will work with community, with the monitoring and evaluation team and urban wash promotors at the community level and PDAM and Pokja AMPL at the institution level.
The tasks for Project Liaison include, but are not limited to:
– Support and assist the participatory monitoring and evaluation team of Masohi City in continuing the monitoring of access to drinking water and sanitation
– Facilitate the potential replication and adoption of USAID IUWASH PLUS community engagement and promotion into LG program
– Facilitate communication between the local government including PDAM and USAID IUWASH PLUS.
– Facilitating activities to be carried out by USAID IUWASH PLUS regional or national.
– Support in promoting seven priority behaviors to the community and related stakeholders.
– Support in advocating for relevant stakeholders to improve financing in the WASH sector, institutional development of domestic wastewater management operators and the preparation of the required WASH regulations.
– Representing USAID IUWASH PLUS to attend activities carried out by other partners including the Regional Government.
Minimum General Qualifications:
• Having minimum at least 7 years experiences
• Having similar role and experiences especially in community development
• Excellent communication skills and facilitation both with community and local governments.
• Experience with USAID programs is highly desirable.
Expected Start Date : December 2019 – January 2020
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before December 8, 2019. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Available in Indonesia (Indonesian)