Individual Consultant for Sanitation Engineering Facilitator in Jayapura City and District, SSEI Regional Office (JOB CODE : STTA/SEF-SSEI)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-and-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidate to fill the position of
Independent Consultant for Sanitation Engineering Facilitator in Jayapura City and District, SSEI Regional Office (JOB CODE : STTA/SEF-SSEI)
The main objectives of the facilitator:
– Conduct safely managed sanitation promotion.
– Advocating for budgeting of sanitation facilities (domestic wastewater) through village funds and other available funds collected.
– Facilitating villages in the preparation of participatory sanitation (domestic wastewater) planning.
– Advocating developers to build houses equipped with safely sanitation facilities.
– Facilitating local governments to develop monitoring and reporting/recording mechanisms that are integrated with licensing in housing development through developers
Facilitator is responsible for collecting and reviewing all documents related to village planning and budgeting, facilitating the preparation of village plans to improve safely sanitation facilities, promoting safely managed sanitation, facilitating the process of housing development licensing mechanisms. Discussing, facilitating, advocating, promoting and making technical planning documents and completing monitoring and reporting mechanisms that are integrated with permits in housing development through developer; through a series of activities as follows:
1. Preparatory Work
2. Determine the focus of assistance location
3. Collecting data and information
4. Compile technical planning for the provision of safe sanitation facilities from each potential village.
5. Completing technical planning promotion and the provision of safe sanitation facilities from every potential village
6. Develop mechanisms for granting permits, supervising and reporting to housing/residential developer to ensure the availability of safely managed sanitation facilities.
7. Monitoring and Supervision of development sanitation facilities through regional funds and other funds.
• Have a minimum of 5 years work experience
• Bachelor degree (S1) in Civil Engineering or other disciplines related to civil buildings planning in the field of drinking water and sanitation.
• Having the ability to make plans and design drawings and count
• Has experience working on community assistance / empowerment programs.
• Has experience working in the building and housing development sector.
• Having experience and ability to facilitate activities.
• Able to build communication and coordination with local government partners.
Expected Start Date : December 2019 – January 2020
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before December 8, 2019. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Available in English (English)