The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-and-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidate to fill the position of
Executing Agency (EA) Liaison based in Jakarta Office (JOB CODE : EAL-JKT)
Following USAID Assistance Agreement No. 497-AA-030 and the Implementation Letter No. 9, the USAID Environment Office and the designated Executing Agency (EA) at Bappenas signed an Individual Arrangement (IA) to implement Projects and Activities under the USAID environmental portfolio to achieve IRs 2.1.3, 3.2 and 3.3.
Under the IA, an “EA Secretariat” will be established to support the work of the EA and Governance Board. Duties of the EA Secretariat will include:
a. Support coordination and engagement with other national and sub-national government agencies in the implementation of USAID Environment portfolio;
b. Prepare progress reports on the implementation of the USAID Environment portfolio for review by the Executing Agency and Governance Board;
c. Prepare relevant administrative and financial reports for the Executing Agency including the Grantee Contribution and BAST reporting;
d. Organize and host Governance Board meetings and provide related secretariat services;
e. Coordinate with all Secretariat of Technical Teams to ensure the support is delivered in an effective, efficient, and accountable manner.
Under the EA, there are five Technical Teams: 1) Marine and Coastal Biodiversity; 2) Terrestrial Biodiversity; 3) Clean Energy; 4) Climate Change Adaptation and Resilience; 5) Water, Sanitation and Hygiene. In support of the establishment and operation of the EA Secretariat, the Executing Agency (EA) Liaison Officer will provide periodic assistance to the USAID Environment Office in coordinating with the designated Executing Agency (EA) at Bappenas to ensure the smooth implementation of USAID environmental projects and activities, as well as the maintenance of good and effective relations between these two agencies.
Executing Agency Liaison’s Scope of Work:
• Support coordination of USAID Environment Portfolio activities with other relevant national and sub-national government agencies, including all non-government beneficiaries (if necessary);
• Collect data and maintain progress reports as concerns the implementation of USAID activities;
• Arrange and perform monitoring and evaluation activities on the implementation of the USAID Environment portfolio periodically;
• Coordinate and prepare the requirements of administrative documentation and correspondence to facilitate the work of the EA Secretariat;
• Arrange and provide support to EA Secretariat meetings and events;
• Exercise a high degree of diplomacy, consensus-building, teamwork, maturity, independence, and flexibility to effectively fulfill the responsibilities of the position, especially considering the political sensitivities and complexities of the position;
• Support all activities for both substantive and administrative under EA related the implementation of the USAID Environment portfolio.
Executing Agency Liaison’s Deliverables:
• Annual Monitoring and Evaluation Reports;
• Database of Activity and BAST Reports;
• Analysis Report of Interlinkages between Programs under the USAID Environment Portfolio and its contribution to RPJMN 2015-2019.
• At least Bachelor’s degree (S1 or equivalent) in International Development, Public Policy, Public Administration, Political Science, or related development field.
• Must have a minimum of five years of experience working in international development, or related field. This experience includes a minimum of 3 years working with donor organization, or central and provincial government offices in Indonesia.
• Fluency Speaking/reading/writing in English and Indonesian is required. Must be able to interpret agency policy, guidance and follow procedures accurately.
• The incumbent must have superior knowledge of general development principles and approaches, the Indonesian development environment, and the Government of Indonesia’s (GOI) development priorities.
• Have understanding of program design, implementation, financial management, and monitoring and evaluation.
• Possess knowledge of the local political, government and regulatory context; local development issues and challenges; international development principles and approaches, including aid effectiveness; and USAID policies and processes, especially related to project implementation.
• Must have good judgment and strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to work independently on multiple tasks and meet deadline.
• Must be able to mentor and train others and have proficiency in Microsoft Office application.
Expected Start Date: July 2019
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com or IUWASHPLUS.firstname.lastname@example.org before June 28, 2019. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Available in English (English)