Service Provider of Raw Water Study to Support Barombong Water Supply May– September 2020
|Deadline||Friday, 24 April 2020|
Issued Date: April 7, 2020
Title: “Service Provider Of Raw Water Study to Support Barombong Water Supply May– September 2020”
”Issuing Office & Email/Physical Address for Submission of Proposals:
Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (IUWASH Plus South Sulawesi Eastern Indonesia OfficeJl.Perkebunan no 8 ,Makassar,South Sulawesi
Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (IUWASH Plus) Jakarta, Mayapada Tower 10th Floor, Jl. Jend. SudirmanKav. 28, Jakarta 12920;
Deadline for Receipt of Proposals: April 24, 2020 at the latest 05.00 PM.
Soft copy to IWPLProc_InboxMKS@dai.com
Point of Contact: IWPLProc_makassar@dai.com
Anticipated Award Type: Fixed Price Purchase Order
Basis for Award: An award will be made based on the Trade Off Method. The award will be issued to the responsible and reasonable offeror who provides the best value to DAI and its client using a combination of technical and cost/price factors
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, PenyehatanLingkunganUntukSemua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-and-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
- An increase of 1.1 million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustain, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is design to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
A. Activity Background
In accordance with the mandate of Government Regulation Number 122 of 2015 Concerning Water Supply System (SPAM) and Presidential Regulation of the Republic of Indonesia No: 185 of 2014 concerning the Acceleration of Water Supply and Sanitation, the Government has a commitment to achieve national access to drinking water 100% in 2019 (Universal access)
Barombong Village, TamalateSubdistrict, is an area of Makassar City that has developed very rapidly but has not been served by the piped drinking water supply system either by the Makassar Water supply enterprise (PDAM) or by the Makassar City Government through the Community Based Drinking Water Supply System, even though Barombongis a very potential area and growing rapidly which certainly requires an adequate supply of drinking water.
Regarding the explanation above, the PDAM Makassar plans to build a Barombong Drinking Water Supply System to anticipate the immediate needs of the community, given that the Maminasata Regional SPAM plan has not been implemented, a feasibility study for the Barombong SPAM has been prepared by the PDAM in collaboration with iuwashtangguh
In respect of the issues presented above, USAID IUWASH PLUS plans to support PDAMin conducting a raw water study for the supply of SPAM Barombong, this raw water study is needed to ensure the reliability of the Jenebrangriver as one of the reliable alternatives, as well as to identifying other potential sources of raw water.
The main objectives of raw water study to support Barombong water supply activityare to:
- Analysis of the quantity, quality and reliability of the Jenebrang river as the main raw water alternative and identify other alternatives for the supply of Barombong SPAM.
- Study of climatic conditions and catchment areas that influence the planned potential of raw water sources including calculation of water balance and optimization of water use
- Calculation and analysis of the mainstay discharge for the supply of Barombong SPAM using commonly methods
- Recommended location and type of raw water intake building for the supply of Barombong SPAM in accordance with attachment III of PUPR Regulation No 27 of 2016 and SNI 7829: 2012
C. Proposed Activities
In general, the tasks of raw water study to support Barombong water supplyare as follows:
Task 1: Preparation
- Conduct preliminary discussions with USAID IUWASH PLUS SSEI region team, and other parties to prepare inception report, which must include detailed work plan and schedule.
- Communicate with PDAMs and other parties for preparing appointments with relevant stakeholders
Task 2 : Survey and data collection
- Secondary data collection which includes hydrological data (climate and rainfall), hydro-oceanography, social population, socioeconomic, spatial planning, land use, catchment area map, regional geology and other necessary data. In addition to that, the results of studies that have been carried out at the same location are also collected.
- Field survey to obtain the data/information such as:
- Hydrometric, hydrogeology surveys to get raw water discharge data
- Sampling and analysis of water quality (physical, chemical).
- Survey and investigation of catchment areas and water use
Task 3 : Data Analysis
- Identify problems and needs for raw water studytosupportBarombong water supply based on the results of the analysis.
- Calculation of water needs for Barombong SPAM and non SPAM water needs
- Hydrological analysis
- Catchment area delineation analysis
- Creating a mathematical model of the system to describe the water balance between the availability of raw water and utilization
- Mainstay discharge analysis
2. Facilitate Recommended location and type of raw water intake building for the supply of Barombong SPAM in accordance with attachment III of PUPR Regulation No 27 of 2016 and SNI 7829: 2012
Task 4 : Reporting and General
- The consultant/vendor shall prepare inception, interim and final reports, which shall include, but not be limited to, key results, methodology/process and progress of the activity, and;
- The consultant/vendormust regularly coordinate with USAID IUWASH PLUS SSEI region and other parties from respective components.
The output of the raw water study to support Barombong water supply is a Document on the results of a study of the quantity, quality and reliability of raw water sources for Barombong water supply system based on the results of the data analysis and calculations, including recommendations for locations and types of intake construction.
E. Contribution to USAID IUWASH PLUS Outcomes
The above proposed activities will contribute to the following USAID IUWASH PLUS outcomes:
- HR1a: Number of people receiving improved service quality from an existing basic or safely managed drinking water service as a result of USG assistance
- C2a Number of water utilities (PDAMs) with improved service delivery performance
- C4b Number of knowledge products
- C4d Number of people with increased knowledge/skills/awareness as result of events/ workshops
F. Deliverables and Payment Schedule
Selected organizationwill be required to produce and submit the following deliverables:
|1||Inception Report containing approach & methodology including detailed work plan||End of 2ndweek||10%|
|2||Interim Reportcontains data compilation, water demand projection, the results of hydrological analysis, the results of modeling the balance of raw water availability and water demand and the results of a reliable discharge analysis||End of 2nd month||50%|
|3||Final Report, contains data compilation, water demand projection, the results of hydrological analysis, the results of modeling the balance of raw water availability and water demand and the results of a reliable discharge analysis including recommendation of location and type of intake construction||End of 4thmonth||40%|
- Posting & Reporting Relationships
- Location of assignment is in Makassar and coordination with PDAM and other parties
- Selected organization will work independently but from time to time communicate and discuss with USAID IUWASH PLUS SSEI region staff, and other parties
- Duration of the activity will be around 4 (four) months for all activities.
G. Estimated Budget
Funds budgeted for the implementation of the program will be provided by USAID IUWASH PLUS to the selected organization. The budget estimate for this activity is IDR.100,000,000.- The budget will cover all costs for labor, documentation, transportation, accommodation, per-diem during field trips, and event for training and workshop.
H. Required Qualifications
Estimated professional staff required for this program are :
- Water supply Expert /Team Leader : 1 person, total 4man-months. He/she has experiences in development of water supply minimum for 5 years, and also has experiences as a team leader. His/her background in Environmental Engineer/Civil Engineer
- Water sources expert : 1 person, total 1man-month. He/she has experiences in hydrology analyses, and development of raw water supply for minimum 5 years. His/her background in Civil Engineer/Geologist Engineer.
Proposer can adjust this proposed staff as they deem necessary.
I. Selection of Service Provider and Evaluation Criteria
The local implementer (service provider) will be selected based on Full & Open Competition. The potential local implementers (service provider) have to provide proposal which consist of Technical Proposal (background of the program, experience, tasks to be conducted, methodology, schedule, qualification of personnel) and cost proposal.
The technical proposal will be evaluated based on:
- Qualification of proposed personnel 50 %
- Experience of organization 20 %
- Methodology and work-plan 30 %
J. Proposed Mechanism
Proposed mechanism of the activity will be implemented through fixed price subcontracted.
K. Initial Environmental Examination (IEE)
Butin regulation of REG 22. 216, as regulated under the Initial Environmental Examination (IEE) Asia 15-061 dated on December 1, 2014, and IEE amendment #1 for Essential Service (Asia 19-018), all sub-projects (grants, subcontracts, localized actions with implementing partners) must be screened for environmental risk using Environmental Review Form (ERF) to obtain clearance from USAID.
BID PROCESS PLAN:
- RFP issued to potential bidders : April 7, 2020
- Pre Bid Meeting : April 15,2020
- Proposal Submission Closed : April 24, 2020
- Proposal Evaluation : April 27, 2020
- Proposal Clarification & Negotiation : April 29, 2020
- Contract Signing : May 4, 2020
Available in Indonesia (Indonesian)