RFP-REQ-JAK-20-0004 Developing Promotional and Information Video on Gender Mainstreaming in WASH
|Deadline||Tuesday, 23 June 2020|
Issued Date : June 8, 2020
Developing Promotional and Information Video on Gender Mainstreaming in WASH
Issuing Office & Email/Physical Address for Submission of Proposals:
Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (IUWASH Plus) Jakarta , Mayapada Tower 1, 10th Floor, Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 28, Jakarta 12920 ;
Email : IWPLProc_InboxJKT@dai.com
Deadline for Receipt of Proposals: June 23, 2020 at the latest 16. 00 p.m.
Pre Bid Conference : June 15, 2020 at 13.30 a.m. via Zoom
Link will be informed later after confirmation to :
Bidders conference confirmation : June 12 at the latest 16.00 WIB (04.00 pm) confirm attendance by email to IUWASH_Plus_Procurement@dai.com
Proposal Soft copy to IWPLProc_InboxJKT@dai.com
Point of Contact for correspondences : Iuwash_Plus_Procurement@dai.com
Anticipated Award Type: PO / Contract
Basis for Award: An award will be made based on the Trade Off Method
The award will be issued to the responsible and reasonable offeror who provides the best value to DAI and its client using a combination of technical and cost/price factors
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
- An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
The primary objective of this activity is to produce a video of ‘Why Gender Mainstreaming in WASH is important’. The use of this video will help the followings:
- Share knowledge and give information of the gender mainstreaming in WASH as the as strategy to achieve gender equality in WASH sector.
- Raise awareness among WASH sector’s stakeholders and beneficiaries, such as the local governments, private sector, media, and community on the importance of gender mainstreaming in WASH.
In general, the tasks of producing an animated video will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Storyline and Script development:
- Brainstorm creative concept of the video, including video format, angle, coverage, and messages of each scene together with the USAID IUWASH PLUS team.
- Initial concept of ‘Why Gender Mainstreaming in WASH is important’ video with maximum 5 (five) minutes length, which will consist of 4 (four) main parts:
- Overview on gender and WASH (introducing gender and WASH)
- Why mainstream gender in WASH (data, facts, policies, objectives)
- What is gender mainstreaming in WASH (understanding gender mainstreaming in WASH)
- For what are we mainstreaming gender into WASH (results/evidence of change, benefits)
- Develop the script and storyline, which will be reviewed and approved by the USAID IUWASH PLUS team.
- Create Animation:
a) Create the animation or motion-graphics for video development.
b) The suggested or example video can be seen at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qJhHrC12t0 titled “Mengapa Ada Ketidaksetaraan Gender?”
- Video Editing:
a) Edit and produce high-quality video based on the agreed concept and storyline.
b) Provide voice talent for the video voice over in Bahasa Indonesia.
c) Provide two versions of subtitles (English and Bahasa Indonesia) for the video, which can be selected during the video screening.
- Internal Review:
a) The USAID IUWASH PLUS team will review the video and provide necessary input and feedback.
b) The video maker will make the first revision of the videos based on those input and feedback.
- Finalization of video based on all final input and feedback.
- Ensure the video complies with the USAID Branding and Marking standards and USAID Graphics Standards Manual, including the use of the USAID video bumper.
- Attachment A Detail SOW Developing Promotional Video on Gender
- Attachment B Proposal Cover Letter
- Attachment C Price Schedule
- Attachment D Past Performance Form
- Attachment E – Representations and Certifications of Complience
- Attachment F Proposal Checklist
- RFP Req JAK 20 0004
Available in English (English)