RFP-REQ-SEI-17-0053 Consultant of GIS Serviced Provider in Support of Non-Revenue Water Programming in Makassar and Jayapura” January 2018 – August 2018
|Deadline||Monday, 8 January 2018|
“Consultant of GIS Serviced Provider in Support of Non-Revenue Water Programming in Makassar and Jayapura” January 2018 – August 2018
Issued Date :December 5, 2017
Title: “Consultant of GIS Serviced Provider in Support of Non-Revenue Water Programming in Makassar and Jayapura”
”Issuing Office & Email/Physical Address for Submission of Proposals:
Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (IUWASH Plus) Makassar , Jl. Perkebunan No 8 Makassar, South Sulawesi , 90231 ;
Email : IWPLProc_Makassar@dai.com
Deadline for Receipt of Proposals: January 8, 2018 at the latest 17. 00 WITA.
Soft copy to IWPLProc_Makassar@dai.com
Point of Contact: IWPLProc_Makassar@dai.com
Anticipated Award Type: Fixed Price Purchase Order
Basis for Award: An award will be made based on the Trade Off Method. The award will be issued to the responsible and reasonable offeror who provides the best value to DAI and its client using a combination of technical and cost/price factors
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
I. An increase of one million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
II. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation and all of whom are from the “B40”, vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication.
This SoW is for a PO/Individual for support program to:
• Assist the PDAM staff how to build the effective and efficient of spatial data
• Teach and assist the PDAM staff to improve their mastery of GIS operational techniques, including; digitization, data conversion, data attribute management, join table, query analysis, overlapping analysis, and the preparation of thematic maps, and others.
• Teach and assist the PDAM staff in conducting field survey that is more efficient and accurate through increased mastery and use of survey tools.
• Monitor the progress of developing of water supply spatial data, both in terms of completeness and quality.
• Ensure of developing of water supply spatial data, particularly pipeline network data, are ready to use for analysis pressure and leak in NRW Program
• Encourage PDAM to finish spatial data of pipeline network and accessories with the target of 1903 km (59,6%) for PDAM Kota Makassar and 395 km (60,1%) for PDAM Jayapura.
SPECIAL TERMS & CONDITIONS / SPECIFIC CRITERIA
The contract period to implement this program is 7 months and the level of effort (LOE) is 90 days. The contract is under a Fixed Priced Purchase Order (FPPO)
Reporting & working environment
The GIS consultant will be under the supervision of the respective PDAM and be fully supported by the USAID IUWASH PLUS SSEI Urban Water Supply Specialist and the National GIS team (GIS Specialist).
Required Qualifications and Experience
Anyone who meets the requirements can submit a proposal to follow the tender, as for the requirements are as follows:
• GIS Assistance Program – The development of spatial data of PDAM’s distribution pipeline network requires one GIS Service Provider, so that the selection process is open to individual consultant (not companies);
• The minimum education of the prospective applicant is Bachelor (S1), preferably has a geo-science background or any related to;
• Mastering in GIS technology, GIS Open-source applications especially QGIS, and having experience as a GIS Service Provider/Trainer, preferably with experience working on similar programs;
• Prospective applicant must submit a complete proposal, covering the methodology of implementation, the similar experience in carrying out the work which can be proved and implementation costs.
Available in Indonesia (Indonesian)