Individual Consultant for Development of Training Institution Standards for PDAM / PERUMDAM (JOB CODE: STTA/DTIS_JKT)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five year-and-eight-month initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision
The Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) acting through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) share the mutual goal of improving performance of water utilities to increase access to clean water in Indonesia, particularly to address two technical challenges that are especially impactful: (1) high rates of non-revenue water (NRW); and (2) poor energy efficiency (EE). To provide a comprehensive and measurable NRW reduction and EE improvement in Indonesia, SECO agreed to co-finance USAID for a three-year technical assistance program, implemented under the current USAID IUWASH PLUS program with seven PDAMs in two regions, i.e. West Java and Central Java provinces.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidate to fill the position of
Individual Consultant for Development of Training Institution Standards for PDAM / PERUMDAM
(JOB CODE: STTA/DTIS_JKT)
The objectives of this activity are as follows:
1. Prepare governance standards for Training Institutions for PDAMs in accordance with the Indonesian Training Quality Framework which includes 8 criteria, in accordance with Permenaker No. 34/2016 about :
a. Use of SKKNI and Other Standards
b. A structured curriculum.
c. Training Materials
e. Qualifications of Instructors and Training Institute staff
f. Facilities and Equipment
g. Governance System
h. Financial Aspects
2. Develop Guidelines, policies and strategic governance of the Training Institute
3. Develop Training Institution Governance Systems and procedures
4. This activity will continue to support the strengthening of the Roadmap for Improving HR Management in PDAMs
Scope of Works
Tasks will include, but not be limited to following:
Task I: Preparation
1. Concept, methodology and work plan schedule
2. Identification of the Regulations that apply in that field
3. Identification of existing training institutions.
Task II: Prepare Governance Standards for Training Institutions for PDAMs
1. Develop a training governance framework
2. Identify PDAM2 that are interested in becoming a Training Institute
3. Discussion (FGD) with Stakeholders and prospective Training Institutions
Task III: Prepare guidelines, policies and strategic governance of the Training Institute
1. Develop Policies and Strategies
Task IV: Arrange Training Institution Governance Systems and procedures
1. Trial of the implementation of Governance Standards for Indonesian Training Institutions
2. Workshop on the Implementation of Governance Standards for Indonesian Training Institutions.
There will be a field visit to the location of the object of activity if necessary with funding by USAID IUWASH PLUS – SECO
Minimum General Qualifications:
The professional manpower required for this program is one Senior Environment Service Provider with the following qualification:
• Minimum S1, preferable Engineering
• Has experience in water supply sector in PDAM,
• Has experience in HR Capacity Building of PDAM
• Have the ability to communicate effectively (written and oral)
• Able to work independently in supervision / limited facilities in the designated area
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment
Expected Start Date: February – March 2021
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before Jan 31, 2021. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Available in English (English)