Individual Consultant for Facilitation integrated KPP and UPTD PALD on Safely Managed Sanitation in Malang Regency (Job Code : FP ICA/PALD_MLG)
(Job Code: FP ICA/PALD_MLG)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-and-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
- An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidate to fill the position of
Individual Consultant for Facilitation integrated KPP and UPTD PALD on Safely Managed Sanitation in Malang Regency
(Job Code : FP ICA/PALD_MLG)
This program aims to improve capacity at least for 10 KPPs with minimum 2000 households in urban and peri urban areas in Malang Regency recorded in the data base operator. The areas of improvement are but not limited on technical aspect to maintenance and operation, IPAL Komunal, administration and promotion safely manage sanitation. The activities involving KPPs and Operator (UPTD PALD).
The scope of work of the Local Facilitator are include but not limited to:
- Coordination and Preparation:
The selected Individual Consulltant should prepare for this assignment in close coordination with USAID IUWASH PLUS for understanding related to safely manage sanitation and other technical terminology and collect the data from UPTD PALD Dinas PUCKTR Malang Regency about the location others information of IPAL Komunal. These include, but are not limited to:
· Understand the criteria of open defecation.
· Understand the SDG’s target.
· Understand of safely manage sanitation.
· Understand the criteria of outcome C2f in USAID IUWASH PLUS.
· Understand the location of the IPAL Komunal existing.
· Understand the technology optional for each location
2. Assessment and Identification:
· Survey the location, identify the sanitation access and community awareness in selected location :
· Do site selection IPAL Komunal for shortlist the location of program activities.
· Conduct site survey IPAL Komunal
· Establish communication with KPPs and other local leaders.
· Identify the IPAL Komunal performance.
· Identify the KPP awareness in managing of IPAL Komunal
· Disseminate information to the KPPs about safely manage sanitation.
3. KPP and UPTD PALD Assisting:
KPP is a community based organization that should be formed for sanitation facility sustainability. KPP should understand about IPAL Komunal; how it works, how to maintain, the do and the don’ts, trouble shooting, and last but not least KPP should manage the contribution fee from the beneficiaries operation and maintenance. The assistance activities are as follows:
· Consultants provide assistance and facilitation toKPPs in Malang Regency urban/peri urban areas through various training activities, workshops, FGDs, etc., for operations and maintenance, administration and finance.
· The consultant does facilitation of technical and admintration SOPs to manage IPAL Komunal.
· The consultant facilitates KPP to compile customer data either manually or using software, for example M-Water.
· Consultants provide understanding to KPPs the importance of regular desludging
· The consultant facilitates the integration of the data of IPAL Komunal cutomers with the customer data base on UPTD PALD.
· Consultants facilitate the formation of a communication forum between the KPP and UPTD PALD various media both online and offline.
Qualification of Specialist Required
Prospective consultants who are expected to have the following criteria:
- Education Background (20%)
S-1 bachelor’s degree, in social or other relative discipline.
- Working Method (50%)
a. Understand about Community Mobilization.
b. Good coordination with the local government.
c. Have the skills to communicate with various groups of both society and government
d. Able to work independently with limited supervision and facilities.
e. Take advantage of facilitating the sanitation sector.
f. Project result oriented.
- Pass Performance (30%)
a. Minimum 8 years of experience in mentoring the SANIMAS program, DAK SLBM, USRI and other programs for the construction of IPAL Komunal and KSM / KPP assistance.
b. Preferably having work experience in NGO/government projects in sanitation.
Expected Start Date: August 2020
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before July 31, 2020. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Available in English (English)