GIS Mentoring Program – Development of Spatial Data of Pipeline Networks at PDAM Tirta Bulian, Kota Tebing Tinggi (Job Code : FP ICA/GISTB_NSRO)
Job Code : FP ICA_GISTB_NSRO
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-and-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
- An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS is looking for a short term consultant to fill the position of Individual Consultant: GIS Mentoring Program – Development of Spatial Data of Pipeline Networks at PDAM Tirta Bulian, Kota Tebing Tinggi (Job Code : FP ICA/GISTB_NSRO)
The purpose of this activity is to have spatial data developed by PDAM’s GIS team to finalize 100% spatial data of their pipeline networks within 3 months. In addition, this activity also aims to improve the GIS capacity of PDAM Staffs, as to be able to carry out necessary GIS analysis to reduce non revenue water and to increase PDAM Index.
The GIS facilitator acts as an IUWASH partner, to provide technical assistance to PDAM Tirta Bulian staffs in developing PDAM spatial databases, particulary on pipeline distribution and accessories, so they are ready to be used as baseline data for future NRW analysis. Some of general tasks are :
- Provide guidance to PDAM staffs on ways to build effective and efficient spatial data
- Encourage PDAM to complete entirely spatial data (100%) of pipelines
- Encourase PDAM to complete digitization of some important pipe accessories and customer’s location.
The main task of the GIS Facilitator is to act as a consultant for the spatial water supply development process implemented by PDAM staffs. The activities in the mentoring process will cover:
- Kick-off meeting before GIS Mentoring Program being implemented in PDAM Tirta Bulian.
- Train PDAM staffs by improving GIS operational techniques ability including : digitization, data conversion, data attribute management, joint table, query analysis, overlapping analysis and the preparation of thematic maps, etc.
- Train PDAM staffs to conduct an efficient and accurate field surveys through increasing mastery and use of survey tools.
- Facilitate and monitor the implementation progress of spatial water supply data development in both terms of completeness and quality.
- Development of spatial water supply data which 100% should be driven by GIS team, focusly to digitize pipeline network data as well as identifying all location of water supply system components.
GIS Facilitator activities will be under supervision of Urban Water Supply Specialist USAID IUWASH PLUS North Sumatera Region, and supported and coordinated by GIS National team.
To implement this activity, IUWASHPLUS informs the public through internet media to invites individual candidate to be selected as GIS Facilitator through selection process. Anyone who meets the requirements may submit their CV and work experiences to join the selection process, as for the requirements as follows:
- The candidate education background should meet minimum of Bachelor (S1), preferably with Geo-science but not limited to those sciences
- The candidate must has the experiences of using GIS for analysis and mapping for at least 5 years or 2 years of developing GIS Projects
- The candidate must has some skills in interpreting satellite imagery and/ or aerial photos for map production
- Prospective Facilitator must submit his/her methodology for the work implementation, showing similar experiences of carrying out works and cost implementation
- Prospective Facilitator has to mastering GIS technology, especially free & open source software, Quantum GIS (QGIS), and has experience as a facilitator or Trainer
- Fluent in both Bahasa Indonesia and English, good written in English is preferable
Expected Start Date: April – May 2020
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before April 5, 2020. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Available in Indonesia (Indonesian)