Job Code : FP ICA/SOP_PDAM_EJRO
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-and-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
- An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS is looking for a short term consultant to fill the position of
Individual Consultant: Assistance for the Compilation of Technical SOP’s in PDAM Probolinggo City, PDAM Probolinggo Regency and PDAM Lumajang Regency (Job Code : FP ICA/SOP_PDAM_EJRO)
The main objective of this SoW is the establishment of a Technical SOP that includes Production SOP (including maintenance) and Distribution SOP (including Planning) in Probolinggo Regency PDAM, Probolinggo City PDAM and Lumajang Regency PDAM, which can be implemented.
This activity will be carried out in 3 PDAMs namely Probolinggo Regency PDAM, Probolinggo City PDAM and Lumajang Regency PDAM with the following scope of activities:
- Kick off meeting activity, which is also the beginning of assistance activities in the preparation of Technical SOP. In this activity individual consultants / facilitators will deliver work plans for facilitation of SOP preparation and discuss the involvement of PDAM staff.
- Secondary Data Collection, specifically the Main Duties and Functions (TUPOKSI) in the fields of production, maintenance, distribution and planning.
- Facilitation for Technical SOP preparation. This assistance is carried out every 2 weeks, each 2 working days, for 4 months, starting from the signing of the work contract. SOPs are prepared in accordance with applicable provisions and standards, wherein there is a narrative that describes the stages of the procedure and is equipped with a flow chart of activities and implementing activities. When necessary, each procedure will be completed with 1 or several Work Instructions (IK).
- Consultants / Facilitators will cross-check in the field to ensure that the developed SOPs can be implemented in the field.
- Conducting Technical SOP workshops in each PDAM attended by stakeholders from each PDAM to discuss the final draft of the Technical SOP
- The work of drafting this Technical SOP will be consulted with the Director and the relevant Kabag to be signed.
The results of this Technical SOP Development Assistance, in each PDAM are as follows:
- Compilation of Production SOP (including the Maintenance Sector)
- Compilation of Distriution SOP (including in the Planning Sector)
- Minimum education S1 in Environmental / Sanitary / Civil Engineering with minimum 7 (seven) years of work experiences in PDAM.
- Has extensive knowledge related to government regulation
- Has sufficient experience related to the planning, distribution, drinking water production and maintenance in the PDAM management system.
- Have the ability to work independently with limited supervision / facilities, and will be based in Surabaya, traveling to Probolinggo district, Probolinggo city and Lumajang Regency and the EJRO Office in Surabaya.
Expected Start Date: April – May 2020
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before March 29, 2020. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Available in English (English)