Senior Project Accountant and Controller based in Jakarta Office (JOB CODE : SPAC-JKT)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-and-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
The Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) acting through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) share the mutual goal of improving performance of water utilities to increase access to clean water in Indonesia, particularly to address two technical challenges that are especially impactful: (1) high rates of non-revenue water (NRW); and (2) poor energy efficiency (EE). To provide a comprehensive and measurable NRW reduction and EE improvement in Indonesia, SECO agreed to co-finance USAID for a three-year technical assistance program, implemented under the current USAID IUWASH PLUS program with seven PDAMs in two regions, i.e. West Java and Central Java provinces.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidate to fill the position of
Senior Project Accountant and Controller in Jakarta Office (JOB CODE : SPAC-JKT)
Under the guidance and direction of the National Finance Officer, the Senior Project Accountant and Controller will manage all transactions incurred from the IUWASH Plus Jakarta Office. S/he will audit all vouchers for reasonableness, allowability and allocability, and ensure backup documentation is complete. The Senior Project Accountant and Controller will work together with the National Project Accountant and assist Finance Officer in doing a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the project’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or USAID and DAI’s financial reporting standards. Senior Project Accountant and controller is supporting the management protecting the Project against fraud and theft of the organization’s assets, ensure that the project is complying with relevant laws and statutes and make recommendations on how to improve internal controls and governance processes.
The tasks for Senior Project Accountant and Controller include, but are not limited to:
• Assist the Finance officer to review the segregation of duties is in place according with DAI Standard policy for finance, procurement and administrative area
• Assist the finance officer to ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
• Assist the finance officer to do the audit of the implementation of program activities in areas of cash disbursement and documentations of the activity with the direction of Finance officer and Deputy Chief of Party for operations.
• Assist the Finance officer to do the regular spot check financial transaction from all regional office with details
• Work with Sr. Project Accountant to review all transaction into the accounting system; identify the proper account codes and expenditure type for each transaction,
• Process correction payments in coordination with Jr. Project Accountant.
• In the absence of Sr. Project Accountant, will assist Finance Officer in preparing Bank Reconciliation for Jakarta Office
• Work with Jr. Project Accountant to ensure all finance documents including advance settlement are completed, filed in proper place.
• Work with Jr. and sr. Project Accountant to ensure all finance voucher are scanned insequence including regional voucher.
Grant, Procurement & Programmatic Financial Review
• Assist the Finance Officer in reviewing the invoice from Grantee and make sure the entire supporting document is properly documented and compare with the approved budget
• Review the budget line versus actual spending and advise Finance Officer if there are some variances
• Budget for Owner estimate review on Region Procurement Fixed Price Purchase Order prior Team Lead Approval
• Input actual cost in Tamis Classic for SECO event.
Minimum General Qualifications:
• A bachelor’s degree in a relevant fields;
• Experience in working with International Donor Agency Program
• Having minimum of 10 years experiences within the similar role of donor funded project and similar position.
• Excellent communication skills both in English and Bahasa Indonesia, as well as good computer skills, mostly Microsoft Excel is required.
• Experience with USAID programs is highly desirable.
Expected Start Date : Available immediately
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before November 24, 2019. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Available in Indonesia (Indonesian)