Knowledge Management and Advocacy Specialist based in Jakarta Office (JOB CODE : KMAS-JKT) (Iklan Hanya Tersedia Dalam Bahasa Inggris)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-and-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. 1. An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
2. 2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidate to fill the position of
Knowledge Management and Advocacy Specialist based in Jakarta Office (JOB CODE : KMAS-JKT)
The primary objective of the Knowledge Management and Advocacy Specialist is to develop and manage a robust knowledge management program and lead the advocacy works to promote the USAID IUWASH PLUS signatures programs to USAID IUWASH PLUS key partners including relevant Ministries and Institutions at national and regional levels. Specifically, the Knowledge Management and Advocacy Specialist will support the USAID IUWASH PLUS Project’s achievement of governance related targets under Component Four: “Advancing National WASH Advocacy, Coordination, and Communication”, which are ‘number of signature programs developed’ and ‘Number of national level WASH policies, regulations, guidelines or frameworks developed, strengthened, or adopted’.
The Knowledge Management and Advocacy Specialist will support the Advocacy and Communication Advisor at the national and regional levels for developing framework for at least five signature programs, also managing and overseeing project-level knowledge management and advocacy works to promote the signature programs for adoption and replication by USAID IUWASH PLUS partners mainly at national level, and other related supports. His/Her responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Develop at least five signature programs based on the USAID IUWASH PLUS works
Preparing concept and process to develop framework of signature programs, including identify documents/elements that have to be prepared/in placed;
Lead the process of developing framework for at least five signature programs, including communicating with appropriate technical teams/components, regional offices, and USAID IUWASH PLUS partners at national and regional levels;
Developing the USAID IUWASH PLUS best practices and appropriate tools/guidelines to support the implementation and replication of signature programs by USAID IUWASH PLUS key partners.
Ensuring the availability of resources and means to support and disseminate the above, including through the appropriate knowledge events.
• Support the USAID IUWASH PLUS knowledge management particularly for signature programs, through:
In coordination with National Coordinator for Project Communication, ensuring the knowledge and lessons learned especially those related to signature programs are disseminated and effectively used to enhance the performance of the project and WASH sector in Indonesia;
In collaboration with project national and regional staff, identify and integrate into annual and other work plans project knowledge management and advocacy works that are relevant to the development and promotion of signature programs.
• Support the Advocacy and Communication Advisor/Component 4 Team Lead in promoting signature programs at National stakeholders, including:
Preparing an advocacy strategy to promote the signature programs for adoption and replication by USAID IUWASH PLUS partners, especially national government;
Coordinating and implementing the advocacy works as describe in the advocacy strategy;
Developing and maintaining strong relations with key partners from the GOI, other donors, NGOs, CSOs, and other relevant partners.
A minimum of five USAID IUWASH PLUS signature programs supported by appropriate tools/guidelines developed and received buy-in from USAID IUWASH PLUS key partners.
Advocacy strategy and implementation plan to promote and institutionalize the USAID IUWASH PLUS signature programs developed.
Knowledge management programs to capture, disseminate, and effectively use the knowledge to enhance learning, capacity, and performance of the project and also WASH sector in Indonesia implemented.
Contribution to quarterly report, annual report, annual work plan, and others occasional articles/publication/knowledge products developed.
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field from either technical or social science, such as environmental engineering, environmental management, communication, public relation, public administration or other relevant fields.
• At least eight (8) years of experience in managing knowledge management program;
• At least five (5) years of experience working in advocacy works involving government stakeholders at national or regional level;
• Possesses good writing skill to support the knowledge management program and advocacy works, including policy paper, best practices, and other relevant documents;
• Possesses basic communication and facilitation skills, including moderating discussion and knowledge events;
• Possesses good verbal and written communications skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English;
• Has experience in managing implementing partners from relevant institutions other than government such as donors, CSOs, and NGOs;
• Understanding of water, sanitation and hygiene issues is an advantage;
• Flexibility to work on evenings and weekends on occasion, and to travel substantially within Indonesia.
Expected Start Date: July – August 2019
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com or IUWASHPLUS.email@example.com before June 30, 2019. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Available in English (English)