USAID/IUWASH PLUS Junior Engineers for WJDT and CJRO Regional Offices (Iklan Hanya Tersedia Dalam Bahasa Inggris)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-and-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidates to fill the positions of
• 4 Junior Engineers based in Surakarta, Kota and Kab. Magelang and Sukoharjo (JOB Code : JE-CJRO)
• 3 Junior Engineers based in Depok, Kab. Bogor and Karawang (JOB Code : JE-WJDT)
The Junior Engineer NRW&EE is based within PDAM in the assigned region and work under the direction of the Regional Coordinator of the Program in Central Java and West, to support the team and PDAM in implementation of the program, including reduction of NRW, increase EE and the series of capacity building activities, and in this way contributing to the strategic, technical and operational aspects General tasks include:
• Ensuring progress toward the achievement of project goals and objectives, in particularly to support a detailed program and activities plan of NRW, Efficiency Energy and Capacity Building program at PDAM in the region;
• Coordinating with key stakeholders at city level, including provincial and local governmental partners, PDAMs and others
• Support Regional Coordinator, NRW and/or EE Specialists of the Program to plan and implement the programs as agreed in the various actions plans with PDAM and PEMDA.
• Coordinate activities of the program as city level with WASH Facilitator(s) assigned to same city under the regular IUWASH-PLUS program in accordance with DAI and USAID policies and regulations.
• Supporting to prepare and to implement NRW and EE Programs at related PDAM.
• Supporting to prepare and the implementation of the Capacity Building program for PDAM
1. Regional sections of the IUWASH PLUS quarterly, annual and final reports as well as Annual Workplans, with specific focus on the SECO-USAID co-financing program in designated location
2. Timely and accurate data in support of monitoring IUWASH PLUS outcomes and deliverables, specifically for work undertaken on the SECO-USAID co-financing program.
3. Occasional articles, reports, publications and/or essays highlighting SECO-USAID co-financing program achievements or any other emerging issue of interest.
The Junior Engineer NRW & EE will be based in related PDAM of the above cities, with periodic visits to IUWASH-PLUS Region office, the IUWASH PLUS National Office in Jakarta and other, if requested other project-related locations in Indonesia.
The above individual will report directly to the Regional coordinator of the SECO-USAID co-financing program as Primary Supervisor and the relevant Technical Specialist (NRW and/or EE) as Secondary Supervisor(s).
Expected Start Date : May 2019
Minimum General Qualifications:
• At least Diploma degree in a relevant field, preferable in Environmental / Technical Engineering;
• Experience in technical support to PDAMs, including Non-Revenue Reduction and/ or Energy Efficiency Programs is an advantage
• Excellent communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and at least basic in English (writing)
• Good computer skills (Word, Excel, powerpoint, etc)
• Having experience with USAID or Other Donors is an advantage
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_Plus_Recruitment@dai.com or email@example.com before April 18, 2019. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Available in English (English)