VACANCY USAID/IUWASH PLUS : National Coordinator Urban Sanitation, Jakarta/National Office (Job Code: NC-US)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
I. An increase of one million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
II. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation and all of whom are from the “B40”, vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidate to fill the position of
National Coordinator Urban Sanitation based in Jakarta/National Office (Job Code : NC-US)
The primary objective of the National Coordinator Urban Sanitation position is to coordinate IUWASH PLUS programs to support increased access to improved piped water services, especially for the poorest 40% of the urban population, through strengthening of water service providers and enhancing their relations with external stakeholders (local, provincial and national level). Specifically, the National Coordinator Urban Sanitation will support the IUWASH PLUS Project’s achievement of Sanitation related targets under Component Two: “Strengthening city WASH institutional performance”.
The National Coordinator Urban Sanitation will coordinate the overall IUWASH PLUS Urban Sanitation program of both the IUWASH PLUS regions as well as with stakeholders at national level (GOI, donors, Pokja-AMPL, and others). His responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
· Coordinate and support IUWASH PLUS Regional programs on (peri-) urban sanitation through:
o Initial technical assessments to identify target locations in all IUWASH PLUS provinces: existing conditions, main issues, potential demand, other programs and commitment from key local stakeholders (PEMDA, DPRD, PDAM) to support pro-poor programs.
o Preparation of IUWASH annual work plans and budgets resulting in agreed action plans, incorporating cost-sharing and /or leveraging of local and National stakeholders.
o Monitoring and Reporting of Urban Sanitation activities in all IUWASH PLUS locations, in line with approved project proposals and budgets, including SOW for field activities implemented by regional teams (STTA, events, subcontracts, trainings, exchange visits, etc.).
o Maintaining regular contact with Regional Urban Sanitation Specialists, joining regular IUWASH meetings, and providing advice to Regional Managers and the Institutional Development Advisor on priority technical issues.
· Coordinate and support IUWASH PLUS activities with National stakeholders on Sanitation:
o Identify and liaison with and support of national and international stakeholders, who are (or will be) involved in the implementation of technical (peri-) urban WATSAN activities in IUWASH target areas. This includes the compilation of a network of other related donor-supported technical programs for same target groups.
o Identify opportunities for leveraging funds from other institutions (donor, governmental or private sector) with the aim of increasing access to improved Sanitation, assisting parties with the development of concrete proposals and support implementation, where needed.
· Ensure strong linkages between Sanitation programs and activities of Component 2 with other programs and activities in the same Component, as well as with other IUWASH PLUS Components, including: Component 1, Improving household WASH services; Component 3, Strengthening the WASH financing environment; and Component 4, Advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication.
· Identify opportunities and support activities to utilize the Local Sustainability & Innovation Fund to advance increased safe water access to poorest 40% of the population.
· In conjunction with the IUWASH PLUS M&E team, develop and implement a technical and institutional monitoring program to assess the quality and effectiveness of IUWASH PLUS interventions, especially regarding increased Sanitation access, including direct support, where required, of the IUWASH PLUS Activity Monitoring Plan (AMP).
Minimum General Qualifications:
· A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field such as engineer, planner or social science;
· At least ten (10) years of experience in waste water development both national and local level;
· Preferable strong understanding of water, sanitation and hygiene issues;
· Has experience in managing implementing partners from CSOs/NGOS/GOI;
· Posseses good verbal and written communications skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English competency;
· Has experience and good understanding of capacity building programs;
Expected Start Date: Available immediately
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_Plus_Recruitment@dai.com before December 8, 2017. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Available in English (English)