Welcome to the USAID IUWASH PLUS E-Newsletter, the 13th Edition, September 2020.
We have entered the New Normal era amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. The ‘New Normal’ does not mean that we can return to our habits before the pandemic.
Instead, the new normal is the time for us to strengthen our defense line by applying #3M (Memakai Masker/wearing mask, Menjaga Jarak/physical distancing, and Mencuci Tangan Pakai Sabun/washing hands with soap) plus access to safely managed drinking water and sanitation.
This e-newsletter edition presents you some initiatives carried out by the government, community, and non-government organization to promote the hand washing with soap and improvement on water and sanitation access as critical measures to cut the COVID-19 transmission.
The stories are from Barru, Wonosobo, Deli Serdang, Tangerang, and Lumajang districts.
The stories in the 13th Edition of the E-Newsletter are as follows:
• A Collaboration for Community Safety During the COVID-19 Pandemic
• With A Business Plan, PDAM Tirta Aji Aims for Expanding Its Service Coverage
• Virtual Trainings Help Masons Build Proper Septic Tanks
• Toilets with Septic Tanks: A Physical and Spiritual Business of Uki Sukatma
• BUMDes Wiraraja Steps Up to Increase People’s Access to Toilets with Septic Tanks
• Performance Based Grant Offers Incentive for PDAMs to Increase Accomplishment
We hope the stories are inspiring.
Available in Indonesia (Indonesian)