Web Developer for FORKALIM Website (Iklan Ini Hanya Tersedia Dalam Bahasa Inggris)
|Deadline||Wednesday, 12 December 2018|
RFP-REQ- JAK-18-0085 – “Web Developer for FORKALIM Website”
Issue Date : November 28, 2018
Title: “Web Developer for FORKALIM Website”
Issuing Office & Email/Physical Address for Submission of Proposals:
Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (IUWASH PLUS) USAID – IUWASH PLUS Jakarta Office, Mayapada Tower 1 Building, 10th Fl. Jl. Jend. Sudirman, Kav. 28, Jakarta 12920
Email : IWPLProc_LSIC@dai.com
Deadline for Receipt of Proposals: December 12, 2018 at the latest 17.00 p.m.
Soft copy to : IWPLProc_LSIC@dai.com
Point of Contact: IWPLProc_LSIC@dai.com
Anticipated Award Type: a Firm Fixed Price Purchase Order
Basis for Award: An award will be made based on the Trade Off Method.
The award will be issued to the responsible and reasonable offeror who provides the best value to DAI and its client using a combination of technical and cost/price factors.
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene ‘Penyehatan Lingkungan untuk Semua’ (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. Implemented by DAI Global LLC, IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
• An increase of one million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply services of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population; and
• An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to a safely managed sanitation services.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening cities WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
B. Activity Background
Forum Kommunikasi Air Limbah (FORKALIM) was setup in 2004 under PERPAMSI, the Indonesian association of water supply companies, as a communication forum for wastewater operators—mainly water utilities—to discuss urban sanitation issues. In 2015 the forum became legally independent from PERPAMSI and now, with support from IUWASH PLUS, FORKALIM is transforming into a professional association for Indonesia’s wastewater operators, which provides on-demand training and support services on a cost-recovery basis to both sewerage and fecal sludge management (FSM) operators.
With the focus of sanitation access switching to FSM promotion, the government anticipates at least 70 new FSM operators, which will relevant knowledge and skills through variety of technical support, managed professionally by a National waste water association (FORKALIM). Besides a National Twinning program (explained in separate SoW), a second large technical support program by FORKALIM is the development and management of a professional website, where members can find all information and examples they need to establish or improve themselves as Waste Water Operator. This activity will be linked directly with the National Twinning and present all materials, progress and results for the twinning participants and also presents a unique opportunity for FORKALIM to support Indonesia’s fecal sludge management (FSM) framework and, at the same time, add new members and grow its capabilities.
During a meeting in 2017, 11 current FSM operators expressed a strong need for a centralized place where they can obtain detailed Waste Water information, which will be partly accessible for general public (as general promotion of the sector) and partly only for members (to attract new memberships).
Under this scope of work a service provider will work with FORKALIM to develop, maintain the function of FORKALIM website as part of the larger umbrella of technical support for FORKALIM.
1. As part of communication strategy of FORKALIM to facilitate wide information sharing of their activities, with special focus on current and future FORKALIM members,
2. To promote knowledge sharing and build the capacity of Waste Water operators (both for sewerage and septage management) in Indonesia.
3. To develop professional FORKALIM website and ensure that the website will be fully functional & mobile friendly
In close collaboration with the IUWASH PLUS sanitation team, FORKALIM management and the service providers working on the FORKALIM Business Plan and the National Twinning Program, the service provider will implement, but not be limited to, the following:
1. Developing FORKALIM website completed with mobile viewer based on the agreed design and features, which includes, but not limited to:
a. Providing preferable database options for the website
b. Providing preferable web analytics tool for the website
2. Developing module but not limited to :
• Module 1: general information on FORKALIM (include visitors who visit the website)
About us, Organization Structure, Our Work (Activity), Contact
Map / Working area
News (including events)
Partner (linked to Waste Water Stakeholder(s))
General Waste Water Documentation
Wastewater Operator Performance
• Module 2: ordinary member information, access by password only
Name and Type of organization, location and area of services
Detailed data on infrastructure, cost, tariffs, effluent quality, etc
• Module 3: Twinning member information, access by password only
General info of Twinning (partners, topics, objectives, regular progress, etc)
Covering Mentor & Mentee
• Module 4: Extra-ordinary Members (Waste Water Suppliers, Universities, Consulting companies, etc)
Space for advertisements by suppliers Links Membership application
• Module 5: interactive map (locations, activities, basic data on Waste Water Infrastructure, connections, desludging truck, treatment plants, etc, photos
• Module 6: library / database with all WW materials with easy access, search function, download options. links (national and international)
Accessed by member (module 2) only
3. Ensuring that the website will also be mobile friendly and fully functional by the end of the performance period;
4. Providing training session of the newly developed FORKALIM website for web administration purpose (it would need the following enhancements Security for website : enforce HTTPS, add HSTS, remove 3DES cipher) to the staff of FORKALIM;
5. Providing analytic visitor during maintenance period
6. Providing at least six-month post-development guarantee according to industry standards, especially for maintenance and troubleshooting for internal and external problems.
7. Ensuring the website connected to other parties related with FORKALIM activity
8. Develop email server to all forkalim member ( 12 Months )
9. 4 month guarantee for website module changes
10. 6 month post-development guarantee for maintenance and troubleshooting server.
11. Requirement programming language prefer PHP (laravel), but more recommended and to be safer to use Ruby (Ruby on Rails) programming languages
12. Submit action plan to FORKALIM and IUWASH PLUS for approval.
13. Presentation of website design and/or prototype to FORKALIM & IUWASH PLUS
14. Regular meeting for every module developed to update the progress of website development to FORKALIM & IUWASH PLUS
E. Deliverables & Payment Schedule
The service provider will work closely with FORKALIM, and IUWASH PLUS team members on the following deliverables:
1. IUWASH PLUS website with user-friendly and mobile-friendly backend/administrator side developed
2. Training and guideline of FORKALIM website back-end management (web administrator)
3. Finalized rounds of web site trial-and-fix during the period of performance and maintenance to ensure error-free website
4. Fourth -month post-development guarantee for website module changes.
5. 6 months Maintaining (bugs & error fix, minor changing layout, upgrade system)
6. 12 months Domain rental (with or.id), security and server rental (8 GB)
The schedule of deliverables submission and payment is as follow:
Deliverables Timing Payment
1. Progress Report-1 : Presented work plan and timeline of website development Week 2nd after contract signed 10%
2. Progress Report-2 : Presented website dummy or first demonstration End of Month 2
3. Progress Report-3 : Second demonstration, which include improvement from trial-and-fix session End of Month 3 30%
4. Progress Report-4 : Final deployment – FORKALIM website End of Month 4
5. Progress Report-5 : Back-end module and training End of Month 5 40%
6. Final Report-6 : Final Website Design : Report and result of web site trial-and-fix during period of performance and maintenance + documentation of 3 year server and domain rental End of Month 6
7. Payment for post-development maintenance (year 1) End of Month 12 20%
Note: The regular reporting, including presentation can all be developed in Bahasa Indonesia
F. IUWASH PLUS Outcomes:
The above proposed activities will contribute to the following IUWASH PLUS outcomes:
HR 2: Number of people gaining access to safely managed sanitation services as a result of U.S. Government assistance
C2.3: Number of local sanitation management units with improved service delivery performance
C1.e Number of new/improved mechanisms for civil society organizations and/or non-governmental organizations to advocate for the supply of better WASH services
G. Posting & Reporting Relationship
The Web Developer/Service Provider will be based in their own office and for daily tasks is supervised by FORKALIM and IUWASH PLUS Sanitation Team. They will also provide regular (at least monthly) updates (in writing and through meetings) to the IUWASH PLUS National Sanitation team & FORKALIM, who will also provide technical and administrative support to the service provider regarding content of the website programs. All content required for development of modules above will be provided by the FORKALIM and IUWASH PLUS Sanitation Teams.
H. Web Developer/Service Provider Requirements
Required Qualifications and Experience
1. Experience in Management Information Systems, or related field and a web site development or related certificate
2. Experience in web site development and maintenance
3. Strong web project coordination
4. Experience in solving issues of browser/device compatibility to create web pages that can be used on any type of server and viewed with any browser/device.
5. Familiar with programing language PHP (Laravel), but more recommended and to be safer to use Ruby (Ruby on Rails) programming languages
6. Familiar with LINUX server
7. Familiar with Database MariaDB
I. Cost Estimate
• Budget for this activity will be provided by IUWASH PLUS from the LSIC fund.
• The budget estimate is IDR 80.000.000,- (include design of website, modules, domain, hosting & server rental for 1years).
• The assignment will be remunerated upon delivery and acceptance by the task manager of the agreed outputs (see table above), as per the normal procedures of IUWASH PLUS.
J. Bid Process
1. Invitation letter to the bidder (service provider) xx 2018
2. Pre-bid meeting xx 2018
3. Submission of bids to IUWASH Jakarta Office xx 2018
4. Evaluation of bids by IUWASH xx 2018
5. Negotiation and Clarification xx 2018
6. Information the winner xx 2018
7. Contract with the winning bidder xx 2018
Note that the above schedule is illustrative and subject to adjustment.
K. Proposal Evaluation
The service provider will be selected based on full and open competition. The potential service provider has to submit a proposal package, which consists of technical proposal (background of the program, task to be conducted, methodology, schedule), cost proposal (proposed monthly rate) and CV. The proposal will be evaluated based on:
• Qualification 50 %
• Experience 30 %
• Methodology 20 %
L. Other Information:
1. Issuance of this RFP shall not constitute any form of agreement by DAI to any party.
2. Proposals must be accompanied by a bid cover letter written on A4 size paper.
3. Budget/cost proposal can be written in the attached format, or bidders can customize it in accordance with their proposed methodology.
4. Proposal must be sent no later than 16:00 on xxxx, 2018 as follows:
• In PDF format with the subject “Web Developer for FORKALIM Website” to email address: IWPLProc_LSIC@dai.com
• Two (2) sets of hard copy in a sealed envelope clearly labeled as “Service Provider to Support FORKALIM Website program” to the following street address:
IUWASH PLUS Jakarta Office
Mayapada Tower 1, 10th Floor
Jln. Jend. Sudirman Kav 28, Jakarta 12920
Note: On the top left on the proposal envelope, please write:
• Name of Bidder
• Full address
• No Telp/Fax
• Email address
5. Only short-listed and selected bidders will be called for technical clarification and negotiation.
6. No costs incurred by bidders in the preparation of their proposal will be reimbursed.
7. All payments will be made in “Rupiah” currency and all project invoices/payments will be denominated in Rupiah.
Available in English (English)