Service Provider to support “Innovative Promotion Strategies for Fecal Sludge Management (FSM) Services of PD PAL Jaya in DKI Jakarta
|Deadline||Friday, 10 August 2018|
“Innovative Promotion Strategies for Fecal Sludge Management (FSM) Services of PD PAL Jaya in DKI Jakarta”
Issue Date : July 27, 2018
Title: Service Provider to support “Innovative Promotion Strategies for Fecal Sludge Management (FSM) Services of PD PAL Jaya in DKI Jakarta”
”Issuing Office & Email/Physical Address for Submission of Proposals:
Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (IUWASH Plus) Jakarta , Mayapada Tower 10th Floor, Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 28, Jakarta 12920 ;
Email : IWPLProc_LSIC@dai.com
Deadline for Receipt of Proposals: August 10, 2018 (at the latest 17.00 p.m)
Soft copy to IWPLProc_LSIC@dai.com
Point of Contact: IWPLProc_LSIC@dai.com
Anticipated Award Type: Firm Fixed Price Purchase Order
Basis for Award: An award will be made based on the Trade Off Method. The award will be issued to the responsible and reasonable offeror who provides the best value to DAI and its client using a combination of technical and cost/price factors.
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve following “high level” results:
1. An increase of one million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
DKI Jakarta is one of the largest metropolitan areas in the world that, due to rapid and often unplanned growth, has and continues to face tremendous challenges in the WASH sector. As the population continues to rapidly grow and as the overall metropolitan area becomes increasingly built-up, WASH service expansion has not been able to keep pace. The lack of piped water services in many areas also increases the reliance of especially poorer households on shallow wells, but the lack of appropriate septage management service likewise means that many of the wells that households rely on are increasingly contaminated.
PD PAL Jaya (Waste Water Company for Jakarta) provides a range of services, including from an “off-site” sewerage system as well as through the provision of desludging services for “on-site” systems under a program for scheduled desludging services (Layanan Lumpur Tinja Terjadwal or “L2T2”). PD PAL Jaya has the ambition to rapidly expand their service with aim to cover 30% of the Jakarta population (over 10 million people) in near future, and because their own effort to increase customer base quickly has not been very successful, PD-PAL Jaya has requested USAID IUWASH PLUS assistance in developing a new promotional strategy to assist them in reaching their ambitious target of 800,000 households by 2022. USAID IUWASH PLUS drafted a concept note on this topic, consisting of 3 large programs, which was approved by USAID. This SoW elaborates on the first programs which covers the recruitment of a marketing / promotion firm/company as service provider under a Fixed Price Purchase Order mechanism. The other two programs (serial events and an advertising company) will be described in separate SoW.
The Main objectives of the service provider are as follows:
1. To support PD PAL Jaya in developing innovative marketing and communication strategy suitable for multi-cultural metropolitan DKI Jakarta to rapidly increase number of customer of sanitation products/services (improved septic tanks and regular desludging).
2. To support PD PAL Jaya in implementing the marketing and promotion activities identified and agreed in the marketing and communication strategy, including specific marketing staff assigned and trained and marketing budgets allocated.
The Service Provider will provide sanitation marketing / promotion operational development to PD PAL Jaya management as well as IUWASH PLUS National sanitation team on the Waste Water market research, marketing strategy, and overall program management of sanitation marketing materials and monitoring of sanitation marketing activities by PD PAL. The Service Provider will take responsibility of all main aspects of this LSIC in particular of the following subprograms (most of which are financed under program 2: Events):
• Quick situation analysis, including current promotion and marketing strategy, marketing budget, target vs achievement of sales, SWOT and marketing & promotion activities of PD PAL.
• Develop profile of PD PAL main target customer (age, gender, location, Social Economy Status).
• Prepare presentation materials (ppt) for formal workshops, including kick-off, various stakeholder workshops and close-out workshop.
• Regularly report progress, plans and issues encountered to PD PAL and USAID IUWASH PLUS.
2. Kick-Off / Preparatory Work
• Kick-Off Workshop: Conduct a Kick-Off Workshop with PD-PAL managers and staff to review overall objectives of the Scope of Work and finalize a work plan for subsequent tasks. Note: Exclusive of Vendor staff and their associated costs, organization of the workshop (venue, fees, etc.) will be supported by USAID IUWASH PLUS.
• Document Review/USAID IUWASH PLUS: Review relevant documentation available from USAID IUWASH and IUWASH PLUS. These include, but are not limited to: Formative Research Report; Behavior Change Strategy; Marketing Strategy; Buku Pemasaran LLTT book; etc.
• Document Review/PD-PAL Jaya: Review relevant documentation developed by PD-PAL Jaya. These include, but are not limited to: Mission and vision statements; Business plan; Data on capital resources (trucks, etc.) and human resources (staff); Marketing resources (sales target, staff and budgets); Past and current marketing efforts and their results/impact; Current customer data; Priority development zones and related planned activities.
3. Market Research
• Preparation and implementation of detailed market research on specific sanitation products (improved septic tanks) and services (regular desludging), divided by area and customer type; (ie: Arrange combination of FGD with target communities, local stakeholders and around 400 questionnaires (including suggestion for appropriate samples and sampling method, preparing questionnaire and training enumerators);
• Analysis of results of market research, share with PDA PAL and other stakeholders.
4. Development Marketing Strategy
• Use conclusions as entry point for development of marketing strategy
• In close collaboration with PD PAL and USAID IUWASH PLUS, develop PD PAL marketing strategy for sanitation products/ services, and at minimum will identify:
– Target customers. Describe the customers that will be targeted. Define the demographic profile (e.g., age, gender), psychographic profile (e.g., their interests), location and their precise wants and needs as they relate desludging services and in-home septic systems.
– Branding. The idea or image people have in mind when thinking about services and activities of PD-PAL Jaya. This can be include value proposition or selling proposition that speak to potential customers for each PD-PAL Jaya
– Marketing Materials. Describe any marketing materials (digital, print, audio-visual, etc.) which could include a website, brochures, videos, business cards, signs, etc. Identify which materials already exist and which still need to created/revised.
– Promotions Strategy. Detail how PD-PAL will reach new customers most effectively and which may include:
• Promotion channels. How PD-PAL Jaya will reach customer through advertising Alternatives may include “Above the line” (TV ads, social media, radio ads, newspaper ads) and “Below the line” (poster, billboard, flyer), event & PR.
• Partnerships. Detail partnerships that PD-PAL Jaya has made or plans to make with other organizations to reach new customers or better serve existing customers. For example, PD-PAL Jaya may have or plan to have partnerships with one or more private desludging operator, septic tank construction companies or microfinance institutions (MFIs).
• Conversion Strategy. Detail any techniques the PD-PAL Jaya will employ to turn prospective customers into paying customers, for example trough referral, free trials, packages, discount, product and service bundling, etc.
• Retention Strategy. Identify and document ways the PD-PAL Jaya can better retain customers. For example, this could include a monthly newsletter or customer loyalty program.
• Discuss results with PD PAL, revise until completed and approved.
5. Develop and Pre-Test Basic Promotion Materials: These are expected to be in a form that PD-PAL Jaya can readily adapt for their own use, including brochures, leaflets, posters, social media contents, etc. The materials should be produced and available both in print and digitally.
6. Handover Workshop: Conduct a handover Workshop with PD-PAL Jaya staff and other stakeholders to review major findings, the resulting Marketing Strategy and Action Plan, roles and responsibilities of concerned staff, and further provide recommendations for additional marketing development work. Note: Exclusive of Vendor staff and their associated costs, organization of the workshop (venue, fees, etc.) will be supported by USAID IUWASH PLUS.
USAID IUWASH PLUS OUTCOMES
The above-proposed activities will contribute to the following USAID IUWASH PLUS outcomes:
• HR2: Number of people gaining access to safely managed sanitation services.
• C1-1: Number of people gaining access to shared and basic sanitation services.
• C1-4: Number of commercial enterprises with improved WASH product or service offering.
• C2-3: Number of local sanitation management units with improved WASH service delivery.
• C4-2: Number of knowledge products developed.
• C4-3: Number of WASH knowledge events
WORKING ARRANGEMENTS AND TIMING
The service provider will report to USAID IUWASH PLUS DKI-Jakarta Coordinator or other designated USAID IUWASH PLUS senior staff. The service provider will be working in Jakarta, with regular visits to USAID IUWASH PLUS office and PD PAL office for progress meetings, discussions and training. The service provider will provide regular update on progress by email / meeting to USAID IUWASH PLUS and PD PAL. The National USAID IUWASH PLUS DKI-Jakarta and Component 1 team will provide technical and administrative support to the service provider regarding arranging meetings, obtaining data and information materials, etc.
The service provider will be engaged for a period of 6 months on PO basis start since September 2018 up to February 2019
DELIVERABLE AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE
• Budget for the implementation of this activity will be provided by USAID IUWASH PLUS from LSIC fund.
• The budget ceiling for this activity is IDR 600.000.000,- up to IDR. 700,000,000
• Budget includes all labor associated with tasks (1) through (5), and all required deliverables.
• Travel within Jakarta will be arranged and covered by the service provider.
• Travel outside Jakarta (if needed) will be paid by USAID IUWASH PLUS, and is not included in this budget
• All direct cost for implementation of stakeholder meetings and marketing material development is not included in this SoW but will be covered through separate SoW’s.
• The assignment will be remunerated upon delivery and acceptance by the task manager of the agreed outputs (see table above), as per the normal procedures of USAID IUWASH PLUS.
• The payment will be made through four (5) transaction after all required deliverable are submitted to USAID IUWASH PLUS and verified by technical team and client. The details schedule is as follows:
Deliverables/Output Due Date Payment
1. Inception report including implementation methodology, work plan time of execution 2nd week after contract signed 10%
2. Report of General Tasks & Preparatory work End of Month 1 20%
3. Report of Market Research result End of Month 3 20%
4. Report of result of Development Marketing Strategy and Pre-Test Basic Promotion Materials End of Month 5 20%
5. Final Report End of Month 6 30%
Required Qualifications and Experience
USAID IUWASH PLUS will seek a local implementer/service provider (vendor) to implement the above work of which must have the following qualification:
• The vendor must have a minimum 7 years in the marketing & advertising experience
• Experience in serving clients such as private companies, state-owned enterprises, government agencies and NGOs
• Experience in developing an end to end marketing solution frameworks
Each company consist of the qualified personnel (not limited to) as follows:
A. Account Manager
• Minimum 5 years in handling clients
• Have experience in handling NGO, Government, State-owned enterprises and private company
• Minimum 5 years in marketing, and/or business development
• Have successful past performance and experience in similar field in marketing strategy and business consultation
• Minimum 5 years experiences in developing marketing materials
• Have successful past performance and experience in similar field in concept & design for campaign
• Minimum 5 years experiences in market research
• Able to conduct any types of research needed
The selected local implementer (vendor) shall propose the personnel/team compositions and qualifications based on the required tasks and deliverables stated in previous sections
Selection of the local implementer (vendor) and Evaluation Criteria
The selected local implementer (vendor) will be selected based on Full & Open Competition. The selected local implementer/service provider (vendor) has to provide a proposal that will consist of Technical Proposal (background of the program, Task to be conducted, methodology, schedule), cost proposal and CV.
The proposal will be evaluated based on:
• Qualification of proposed personnel 20 %
• Experience of company 40 %
• Methodology 40 %
Proposed mechanism of the activity will be implemented through a Fixed-Price Subcontract.
Budget-Template-Innovative-Promotion-Strategies-FSM-of-PD-PAL-Jaya (to be include in the proposal)
Available in Indonesia (Indonesian)