RFP-REQ-NSR-18-0022 : Consultant for Preparation of Local Regulation (PERDA) about Wastewater Management (PALD) Deli Serdang District
|Deadline||Thursday, 29 March 2018|
Consultant for Preparation of Local Regulation (PERDA) about Wastewater Management (PALD) Deli Serdang District
Issue Date : March 15, 2018
Title: “Consultant for Preparation of Local Regulation (PERDA) about Wastewater Management (PALD) Deli Serdang District”
”Issuing Office & Email/Physical Address for Submission of Proposals:
Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (IUWASH Plus) Jakarta , Mayapada Tower 10th Floor, Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 28, Jakarta 12920 ;
Email : IWPLProc_LSIC@dai.com
Deadline for Receipt of Proposals: March 29, 2018 (at the latest 17.00 p.m)
Soft copy to IWPLProc_LSIC@dai.com
Point of Contact: IWPLProc_LSIC@dai.com
Anticipated Award Type: Fixed Price Purchase Order
Basis for Award: An award will be made based on the Trade Off Method. The award will be issued to the responsible and reasonable offeror who provides the best value to DAI and its client using a combination of technical and cost/price factors.
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
• An increase of one million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
• An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
B. ACTIVITY SUMMARY
Deliserdang District is one important area in North Sumatera and also a buffer zone of Medan City. The position as the main gateway in the development of North Sumatra Province but still faced sanitation problems; less optimal access to sanitation services, need to improve domestic wastewater management and lots of inundation that became the source of vector diseases such as diarrhea, malaria, and dengue. This situation affected cause lack of environmental sanitation facilities and many areas not covered by domestic wastewater management services, community behavior that adversely affects the environment, and lack of community awareness towards hygiene and still many open defecations (BABS) due to poor sanitation access.
Deliserdang district has two Installation of Fecal Sludge (IPLT) and just initiated Institution for Wastewater Management (UPTD PALD). Situation domestic wastewater services in most area relatively low levels of service access; low demand and public interest to improve the condition of septic tanks that still neck swan directly and cubluk; no legal regulation or legal umbrella that regulates either Bupati Regulation or Perda on Domestic Wastewater Management/PALD as a reference to improve Fecal Sludge Management (FSM) services. The existence of Local Regulation becomes very important in managing domestic wastewater as one of advocacy efforts to increase the domestic wastewater management system (SPALD) to achieve Safely Manage.
Therefore as a partner of Deliserdang District USAID IUWASH PLUS will help facilitate Local Regulation of SPALD or FSM. Refers to MOHA Number 80 the Year of 2015 on the Formation of Regional Law Products in article 1, Academic Papers is part of Regional Regulation (Perda) framework and will include in Draft Local Regulation Framework before discussed by DPRD and continuing to next stages; discussion, endorsement or determination
The objective of this activity are:
1. Identify input and collect data/ information from related stakeholder for Academic Papers Framework and Local Regulation (Perda) framework PALD.
2. Preparing draft of Academic Paper for Perda PALD
3. Preparing draft of Perda PALD
Drafting this local regulation will directly contribute to targeted outcomes under Component 2 of USAID IUWASH PLUS, in particular the Sub-component 2.4 to strengthen WASH enabling Environment within LGs, specifically 2.4.2. Strengthen governance/regulations for WASH.
D. ACTIVITY RESULT
The expected results of this drafting regulation are:
1. Final draft Academic Paper of Local Regulation (Perda) PALD
2. Final draft Local Regulation (Perda) PALD
This drafting regulation will include following activities:
1. Identify input and collect data/ information from related stakeholder for Academic Paper framework and draft of Local Regulation (Perda) framework PALD.
2. Preparing draft of Academic Paper for Perda PALD
3. Facilitate workshop input for draft academic paper of local regulation (Perda) PALD
4. Provide Final draft of academic paper based to stakeholder input
5. Facilitate FGD to draft Local Regulation Framework
6. Preparing draft of local regulation (Perda) PALD
7. Facilitate workshop input for draft local regulation (Perda) PALD
8. Provide final draft Local Regulation (Perda) PALD.
F. QUALIFICATION OF THE SERVICE PROVIDER
The service provider that is awarded this contract is expected to possess more than 5 years of experience in the field of legal umbrella preparation (Local Regulation/Perda, Bupati/Mayor/ Gubernur Regulation) or Government Regulation with specific experienced in experience in conducting similar regulation in PALD. The candidate university degree (S1) majoring in social science, technology/ Engineering, Law or economic.
The selected service provider will be recruit under a Fixed Price Purchase Order mechanism to conduct the following tasks:
1) Prepare work plan and overview Local Regulation (Perda) PALD methodology, including:
– Data Collection and Coordination with the Deliserdang drafting team
– Drafting the Academic Papesr of Perda PALD
– Facilitate Workshop Input of draft Academic Papers Perda PALD and revised based on input
2) Submission output 1; Final Draft Academic Papers of Perda PALD Deliserdang District.
– FGD for Perda Framework
– Preparing draft local regulation (Perda) PALD
– Facilitate workshop input for draft local regulation (Perda) PALD
– Provide final draft Local Regulation (Perda) PALD.
3) Submission output 2: Final Draft Perda PALD
Deliverable of this preparing Local Regulation consist of two output:
1. Output 1:
– Final Draft Academic Papers Local Regulation (Perda) PALD Deliserdang District
2. Output 1I:
– Final Draft Local Regulation (Perda) PALD Deliserdang District
Each output will be discussed with USAID IUWASH PLUS and related stakeholder Deliserdang District; Housing and Settlement Area Office, Bappeda, Environmental Office, Health Office, Law Bureau of Deliserdang Districts, act.
I. ACTIVITY SCHEDULE
The contract signing is expected to take place by the end of March, and the activity to start in April until June 2018 (3 person-month)
J.BUDGET DAN PAYMENT PHASE
IUWASH PLUS allocates budget for this activity under Component 2, Sub-Component 2.4. to strengthen WASH Enabling Environment within LGs, 2.4.2. Strengthen Governance/regulations for WASH, with estimated amount of IDR 40.600.000,- (forty million and six hundred thousand rupiah).
The above budget excludes cost of discussion/FGD/workshop with partners of which separate NSRO Regional will organize and prepare separate SoW.
Available in English (English)