RFP- REQ-NSR-17-0124 (Re-advertised) Service Provider for Environmental Engineering of IPLT Tungkusan Assessment
|Deadline||Thursday, 23 November 2017|
Service Provider for Environmental Engineering of IPLT Tungkusan Assessment
in Deli Serdang, November 2017 – December 2017
Issue Date : November 16, 2017
Title: “Service Provider for Environmental Engineering of IPLT Tungkusan Assessment
in Deli Serdang, November 2017 – December 2017”
”Issuing Office & Email/Physical Address for Submission of Proposals:
Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (IUWASH Plus) Jakarta , Mayapada Tower 10th Floor, Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 28, Jakarta 12920 ;
Email : IWPLProc_LSIC@dai.com
Deadline for Receipt of Proposals: November 23, 2017 (at the latest 17.00 p.m)
Soft copy to IWPLProc_LSIC@dai.com
Point of Contact: IWPLProc_LSIC@dai.com
Anticipated Award Type: Fixed Price Purchase Order
Basis for Award: An award will be made based on the Trade Off Method. The award will be issued to the responsible and reasonable offeror who provides the best value to DAI and its client using a combination of technical and cost/price factors.
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
I. An increase of one million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
II. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation and all of whom are from the “B40”, vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication.
IPLT Tungkusan, constructed in 2010, is located in Deli Serdang and not functioning at all. The Government has earmarked budget for the rehabilitation of this IPLT and IUWASH PLUS agreed to support this through the development of a participatory DED Design for this IPLT combined with a new one in Kota Tebing Tinggi (not far from Deli Serdang).
A quick initial review by the IUWASH PLUS team showed that the system consists of an Imhoff tank for solid liquid separation, from which the settled sludge should flow to sludge drying beds (SDB) and the liquid should flow into a baffled pond. However there is no flow to either the SDB or the baffled Ponds, for unclear reasons; Also the structural integrity of all systems is compromised, but it is not clear for how much. For a consulting firm to provide a participatory rehabilitation design (under A Fixed Price Purchase Order) they must have technical information on the existing infrastructure, how the system currently operates and if there are parts of the current infrastructure which can still be used in future designs, before they can make a technical proposal and cost estimate for the development of the DED.
For this reason, the first step outlined in the umbrella concept is a technical assessment by both an Environmental and a Civil Engineer, who in close collaboration examine the various civil components and hydraulics of the IPLT including conducting limited structural testing. Each Engineer will have their own specific tasks and deliverables for a combined technical report. This SoW outlines the tasks and deliverables for the Environmental Engineer.
Complete an Environmental Engineering site assessment of IPLT Tungkusan in Deli Serdang. The assessment will be combined with a Civil Engineering assessment for a complete assessment report regarding the current condition of IPL Tungkusan
A. General tasks
1. Participate in Kick-off meeting in Medan with the selected Civil Engineer, IUWASH PLUS and key officials of Deli Serdang (DINAS, UPTD).
2. Visit IPLT Tungkusan and complete an Environmental / Hydraulic Engineering site assessment.
3. Conducting interviews, observations, measurements, photographic documentation, schematic drawing sketch, etc. to collect all information regarding IPLT Tungkusan.
4. Coordinate with Civil Engineer and survey team to complete site assessment
5. Facilitate meetings with operators and key stakeholders for meetings and interviews.
6. All meeting costs will be cover by IUWASH PLUS (venue and accommodations)
B. Specific Tasks
• Complete a hydraulic assessment of the facility.
o Inspect the hydraulic grade line and piping network; report on any
pumping required due to improper grade line
• Assessment of IPLT system process.
• Based on IPLT technology processes and dimensions, provide calculations of the existing capacity of each component of the system
• Estimate the time required for sludge to dry in SDBs to calculate loading rates
• Develop schematic design drawings showing the dimensions of all system components
C. Prepare Technical Report
• In collaboration with the Civil Engineer prepare a joined technical report, of approximately 10 pages in length; photographs and site plans are not included in this page count and should be included as appendices
• The report consists of 4 sections:
o (1) General section,
o (2) Condition of major infrastructure by Civil Engineer (in SoW for Civil Engineer)
o (3) Hydraulic condition by Environmental Engineer (specified in Task B above)
o (4) Conclusions and Recommendations for follow-up in DED development
• During the initial first kick-off meeting (task A.1), an agreement will be made between two Engineers on the joined completion on Section (1) as well as content of Section (2) and (3)
• Each Engineer will summarize their own conclusions / Recommendations for section (4)
• Each Engineer will also be responsible for preparing their own presentation materials for joined presentation at the end of the assignment to stakeholders in Deli Serdang and IUWASH PLUS (following similar division as used for the report)
IUWASH PLUS Outcomes
The above proposed activities will contribute to the following IUWASH PLUS outcomes:
HR 2 : People gaining access to safely managed sanitation services.
C2-3 : Local sanitation management units with improved service delivery performance.
C2-4 : Local governments with improved WASH service delivery performance.
C2-6 : Percentage change in budget appropriations for WASH by targeted local governments.
Deliverable & Payment Schedule
There will only be one payment at the end of the assignment upon satisfactory completion of the joined technical report and joined presentation to the Deli Serdang and IUWASH PLUS team
No. Deliverables/Outputs Due Date Payment
Posting & Reporting Relationship
Service Provider for Environmental Engineering of IPLT Tungkusan Assessment in Deli Serdang will work closely with a selected Civil Engineer under the supervision of the North Sumatra Urban Sanitation Specialist, who is supported by the IUWASH PLUS National Sanitation Specialist.
The assignment is expected to be completed within one month. The assignment includes at least 2 short trips to Deli Serdang.
• Budget for the implementation of the activity will be provided by IUWASH PLUS from the LSIC fund to the selected local implementer (Environmental Engineer).
• The budget ceiling for this activity is around IDR. 22.000.000,- up to IDR 24,000,000,-
• The Budget include all labor cost associated with all tasks and all required deliverables.
• All travel costs between Medan and Deli Serdang for the implementation of the assignment are included in this budget.
• If selected consultant is based outside province of North Sumatra (except Medan, Deli Serdang, Tebing Tinggi & Pematang Siantar), the required airline tickets and accommodation are covered in this budget.
• Budget for meetings / workshops will be provided by IUWASH PLUS.
Estimated professional manpower required for this program is one Service Provider for Environmental Engineering of IPLT Tungkusan Assessment in Deli Serdang, with the following qualification:
• S-1 bachelors’ degree in Environmental Engineering
• minimum 5 years’ experience in water and sanitation sector, especially in the design of Waste Water and / or Sludge Treatment plans.
Selection of Service Provider and Evaluation Criteria
The Service Provider for Environmental Engineering of IPLT Tungkusan Assessment in Deli Serdang will be selected based on Full & Open Competition. The potential of Service Provider for Environmental Engineering of IPLT Tungkusan Assessment in Deli Serdang have to provide proposal which consist of Technical Proposal (background of the program, Task to be conducted, methodology, schedule), cost proposal and CV.
The proposal will be evaluated based on:
• Qualification 30 %
• Experience in Designing IPAL/ IPLT 50 %
• Methodology 20 %
Proposed mechanism of the activity will be implemented through a Fixed-Price Subcontract.
Available in English (English)