RFP REQ -JAK-21-0027 Translator For Period September 20, 2021 – February 19, 2022
|Deadline||Wednesday, 8 September 2021|
For Period September 20, 2021 – February 19, 2022
Issued Date : August 25, 2021
Issuing Office & Email/Physical Address for Submission of Proposals:
Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (IUWASH Plus) Jakarta , Mayapada Tower 1, 10th Floor, Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 28, Jakarta 12920 ;
Email : IWPLProc_InboxJKT@dai.com
Deadline for Receipt of Proposals: September 8, 2021 at the latest 16. 00 p.m.
Soft copy to IWPLProc_InboxJKT@dai.com
Point of Contact: Iuwash_Plus_Procurement@dai.com
Anticipated Award Type: BPA / Contract
Basis for Award: An award will be made based on the the Trade Off Method.
The award will be issued to the responsible and reasonable offeror who provides the best value to DAI and its client using a combination of technical and cost/price factors
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five –year-and-eight-month initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
- An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
As the workload of program activities will increase in the coming months, which for most of the activities IUWASH PLUS will needed venue to hold meeting and training, where hotels are usually used for holding meeting and training event. Hotels have the facility needed for IUWASH PLUS activities where they provide meeting packages that include meals and meeting room. We need to request procurement through Blanket Purchase Agreement, or BPA, as a simplified method of filling recurring needs for venue at hotels that include meeting packages by vendors in DKI Jakarta.
IUWASH PLUS Jakarta will choose two hotels based on recommendation from other Components as well and specialist, where they have frequently used these hotels for holding meeting and training. A list hotel is also attached.
To support daily activities & program, USAID IUWASH PLUS needs experienced translator for translating USAID IUWASH PLUS documents, such as reports, IEC materials, etc. from English to Bahasa Indonesia, or vice versa, with good translation quality. The translator will work with the USAID IUWASH PLUS’ National Project Communication Coordinator and Project Communications Associate within the Advocacy and Communication component (Component 4).
The task and responsibility of the Translator will generally involve the following:
- Perform good quality translation in terms of technical content, English grammar, good and correct Bahasa Indonesia, punctuation, and format,
- Have good comprehension and understanding of WASH sector and the terminology;
- Agreement on the timeframe for completing the work in question to the level of proficiency required by USAID IUWASH PLUS;
- Liaison and consultation with the communication team with the document in question to obtain any clarifications required;
- Submittal of a final, edited version in an electronic format acceptable to USAID IUWASH PLUS (i.e., MS Word).
- Bachelor degree or equivalent;
- At least three years’ experience translating Indonesian documents into English (and English to Indonesian);
- Excellent English and Indonesian writing skills;
- Strong communication and teamwork skills;
- Appropriate word processing computer skills;
- Able to multitask and work under pressure;
- Familiar with WASH terminology and experience in translating WASH documents is a benefit.
Good translation quality of the USAID IUWASH PLUS documents from English to Bahasa Indonesia or vice versa.
Period of Performance:
The Period of Performance is five months, from September 20, 2021 to February 19, 2022.
Available in English (English)