RFP-REQ-JAK-21-0001 Service Provider for Final Publication Package Production
|Deadline||Tuesday, 26 January 2021|
Service Provider for Final Publication Package Production
Issued Date : January 8, 2021
Service Provider for Final Publication Package Production
Issuing Office & Email/Physical Address for Submission of Proposals:
Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (IUWASH Plus) Jakarta , Mayapada Tower 1, 10th Floor, Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 28, Jakarta 12920 ;
Email : IWPLProc_InboxJKT@dai.com
Deadline for Receipt of Proposals: January 26, 2021 at the latest 16. 00 p.m.
Pre Bid Conference : January 19, 2021 at 13.00 a.m. via Zoom
Link for pre bid meeting as follows :
Bidders conference confirmation : January 18, at the latest 16.00 WIB (04.00 pm) Please confirm your attendance by email to IUWASH_Plus_Procurement@dai.com
Soft copy to IWPLProc_InboxJKT@dai.com
Point of Contact: Iuwash_Plus_Procurement@dai.com
Anticipated Award Type: PO / Contract
Basis for Award: An award will be made based on the the Trade Off Method.
The award will be issued to the responsible and reasonable offeror who provides the best value to DAI and its client using a combination of technical and cost/price factors
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
A. Activity Background
The USAID IUWASH PLUS project is entering the Program Year 5 as the final year of project implementation in Indonesia. After five years and eight months of working together with the national and local governments, WASH service providers, local communities, and private sector to establish Urban WASH Ecosystem for increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations, the project expects that these collaboration works would contribute to Indonesia’s journey to self-reliance on WASH sector.
The project considers it is important to capture the highlighted program activities under the urban WASH ecosystem scheme and its achievements as the final publication in the form of coffee table books and the videos which contents are adjusted from the books. The set of final publication, which consists of a coffee table book and a video will be produced respectively for the regional and national levels. For the regional level, five sets of final publication will be produced respectively for North Sumatra Regional Office (NSRO), West Java, DKI and Tangerang (WJDT), Central Java Regional Office (CJRO), East Java Regional Office (EJRO), and South Sulawesi and Eastern Indonesia (SSEI). For the national level, two sets of final publication will be produced for the USAID IUWASH PLUS project and the USAID-SECO Partnership program.
The final publication’s big theme is Indonesia’s journey to self-reliance on WASH sector. The contents of the publication will reflect programmatic activities that have been implemented to develop the urban WASH ecosystem, which leads to the increase access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations in a sustainable manner.
As the format of the final publication will be in the form of a coffee table book and a video, the book will be dominated with good quality program-activity photos completed with brief explanation about each program and its achievement, as well as testimonies from the relevant beneficiaries, key stakeholders, and/or champions. The accompanying video will have the adjusted content from the book.
The urban WASH ecosystem scheme can be seen in the figure below. Each section under this ecosystem scheme will be elaborated into around 3–5 highlighted program activities.
Prior to the production of the final publication, USAID IUWASH PLUS has been producing six packages of Signature Program as part of the USAID IUWASH PLUS efforts to institutionalize the key programs that are critical to support GOI in addressing challenges in improving access to WASH and achieving RPJMN 2020-2024 and SDGs target. The topics of these six Signature Program packages are (1) Groundwater conservation, (2) increasing piped water access for the urban poor, (3) fecal sludge management, (4) implementation of urban STBM, (5) microfinance for WASH, and (6) sanitation marketing. Each Signature Program package consists of three elements, namely (I) Program Description, (II) Support for Implementation (manual, tools, technical standard, etc.), and (III) Knowledge Products based on IUWASH PLUS implementation, which also include the lessons learned document.
As of December 2020, the first two Signature Program topics were completed, while the other four are still on the development process. In order to make the Program Description and Lessons Learned documents of all six Signature Program packages are readable and easier to understand, USAID IUWASH PLUS considers it is necessary to re-edit the heavy text in those documents and combine or convert it with more interesting and easy to understand figures, such as diagram, chart, graphics, or picture.
Considering the need for capturing the collaboration works to develop the urban WASH ecosystem scheme and its achievements and the need for making the Signature Program packages easier to read and understand, USAID IUWASH PLUS considers it is necessary to produce good quality of final publication in the form of coffee table books and videos for the regional and national level, as well as improving the readability of the six Signature Program packages (particularly for the program description and lessons learned documents).
Since the production of good quality and luxurious coffee table books and videos, as well as the improving/editing the content and graphic of the Signature Program packages would require technical professional experts from photography, videography, content writer, design & layout, to final production—and considering the time restrictions, USAID IUWASH PLUS intends to hire a production house/agency to perform this work through fixed price PO/subcontract.
The primary objectives of this activity can be grouped as follows:
1. To produce a set of final publication consisting of a coffee table book and a video that capture all the collaboration works of the USAID IUWASH PLUS project at the regional and national level in establishing the urban WASH Ecosystem to increase access to water supply, sanitation, and improving key hygiene behaviors, and its achievements; and share it with the relevant WASH stakeholders, partners, and beneficiaries. The final publication is targeted to be officially released and shared during the closing event of each regional and national offices as scheduled.
2. To finalize and improve the readability of the two documents, i.e., program description and lessons learned, from each of the six Signature Program packages by editing the contents and whenever possible combine or convert the heavy text into more interesting and easy to understand figures (e.g. diagram, chart, graphics, picture). Improving the readability of the Signature Program packages is expected to make the documents easier to understand and more interesting to read, which will be beneficial for the scaling up and replication of the programs beyond project lifetime.
In general, the tasks of this activity will include, but not limited to, the following:
1. Task-1: Kick-off Meeting and Final Inception Report
• Conduct a kick-off meeting to discuss the plan, strategy, timeline, design concept and structure of coffee table book, video, and Signature Program documents proposed by the selected production house/agency to produce seven final publication packages, which respectively consisting of a coffee table book and a video, and to improve the readability of program description and lessons learned documents from each of the six Signature Program packages.
• Submit the final Inception Report containing approach and methodology, including detailed work plan and timeline to implement the activity as agreed during the kick-off meeting
2. Task-2: Develop Concept & Structure and Produce Seven Final Publication Packages Consisting of a Coffee Table Book and a Video
The Task 2 activities are grouped under the sub-tasks below. The detailed list of the estimate locations for photo and video shootings in the fields can be seen in the Attachment A of this document.
Sub-Task Final Publication Package Timeline Description of Activity
2.1. North Sumatra (NSRO) 1 Feb–15 Mar 2021 The production of each publication package will consist of the following activities:
A. USAID Branding and Marking Standards
i. Ensure the coffee table book and the video are in compliance with the USAID Branding and Marking standards and USAID Graphics Standards Manual, including the use of the USAID video bumper.
B. Coffee Table Book Production
i. Design concept and structure of coffee table book
ii. Develop content based on the agreed concept and structure
iii. Identify list of photos and conduct photo shooting in the fields
iv. Submit initial draft of coffee table book for review
v. Review by USAID IUWASH PLUS team
vi. Review by USAID
vii. Finalize coffee table book based on the reviews
viii. Print the coffee table book (please see detailed number of copies and specification on Task 5)
C. Video Production
i. Design concept and structure of video
ii. Develop storyline based on the agreed concept and structure
iii. Conduct photo and video shooting in the fields, which include:
– Photo & videos of activities in the fields
– Photo & videos of testimonial interview
iv. Edit video
v. Submit initial draft of video for review
vi. Review by USAID IUWASH PLUS team
vii. Review by USAID
viii. Complete the video with two versions of subtitle: English and Bahasa Indonesia
ix. Finalize the video
2.2. South Sulawesi and Eastern Indonesia (SSEI)
2.3. East Java (EJRO) 15 Mar–30 Apr 2021
2.4. West Java, DKI Jakarta, and Tangerang (WJDT) 1 May–30 Jul 2021
2.5 Central Java (CJRO) 15 Jun–15 Sep 2021
2.6 USAID-SECO Partnership program 1 May–30 Oct 2021
2.7 USAID IUWASH PLUS (general programs) 15 Sep–30 Nov 2021
3. Task 3: Improve the Readability of the Program description and Lessons Learned Documents from each of the six Signature Program packages
The Task 3 activities are grouped under the following sub-tasks
Sub-Task Signature Program Package Timeline Description of Activity
3.1. Groundwater Conservation Program Mar-Apr 2021 Each Signature Program package has a Program description and a Lessons Learned Documents that need to be edited and improved through the following activities:
i. Initial discussion with the USAID IUWASH PLUS TEAM to review the document and brainstorm concept and ideas on how to improve the readability of the document
ii. Propose parts of the document that need to be re-edited and converted from the heavy text into more interesting and easy to understand figures (e.g. diagram, graphics, picture), including proposing the type of figures to reduce the heavy text
iii. Re-edit the text, completed with the agreed figures
iv. Submit initial draft for review by USAID IUWASH PLUS
v. Finalize the document based on the review
vi. Print the document
3.2. Sustainable Access to Water for the Urban Poor Mar-Apr 2021
3.3. WASH Microfinance Feb-Mar 2021
3.4. Fecal Sludge Management (FSM) Apr-Jun 2021
3.5 Urban STBM Jun-Aug 2021
3.6 Sanitation Marketing Aug-Sept 2021
4. Task 4: Final Reporting, Product Compilation, and Others
• Submit the final report for the completion of all the above 4 tasks under this activity.
• The Final Publication packages (coffee table book and video) for each regional and national products should be submitted as scheduled on the Task 2 timeline above. The number of copies and specification for each Final Publication package are as follows:
Final Publication Product Specification Number of Copies Total Amount
2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7
– Coffee Table Book Luxurious version
(e.g. gloss lamination hard cover with jacket, fine printing, etc.) 6 12 9 8 8 11 6 60
(e.g. gloss lamination art-carton cover, fine printing, etc.) 15 15 15 15 15 16 15 106
– Coffee Table Book
– USB with sufficient capacity to contain high resolutions files of the video and coffee table book.
– The USB should be placed in a proper packaging as part of the Final Publication package 6 12 9 8 8 11 6 60
• The Program description and Lessons Learned Documents from each of the six Signature Program packages should be submitted as scheduled on the Task 3 timeline above. The number of copies and specification for each document are as follows:
Signature Program Product Specification Number of Copies Total Amount
3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6
1. Program description Regular version
(e.g. gloss lamination art-carton cover, fine printing, etc.) 3 3 3 3 3 3 18
2. Lessons Learned 3 3 3 3 3 3 18
Electronic: USB with sufficient capacity to contain high resolutions files of all Signature Program documents produced in this activity. 3 pcs of USB, each containing all produced documents 3
• Submit all the working files and raw materials (e.g. video footages, still photos, and motion graphics) resulted from the coffee table book and video production.
Bid Process Planning (estimation):
1. RFP Issued to Potential Bidder : January 8, 2021
2. Pre-Bid Meeting and Q & A : January 19, 2021
3. Proposal Submission : January 26, 2021
4. Proposal Evaluation : January 27-29, 2021
5. Proposal Clarification : February 1-5, 2021
6. Contract Signing : February 8, 2021
Available in English (English)