|Deadline||Friday, 20 April 2018|
RFP-Req-JAK-18-0020-Service Provider to Support Twinning under FORKALIMService Provider to Support Twinning under FORKALIM
Issue Date : April 6, 2018
Title: “Service Provider to Support Twinning under FORKALIM”
Issuing Office & Email/Physical Address for Submission of Proposals:
Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (IUWASH PLUS) USAID – IUWASH PLUS Jakarta Office, Gedung Mayapada Tower 1, 10th Fl. Jl. Jend. Sudirman, Kav. 28, Jakarta 12920 ;
Email : IWPLProc_LSIC@dai.com
Deadline for Receipt of Proposals: April 20, 2018 at the latest 17.00 p.m.
Soft copy to : IWPLProc_LSIC@dai.com
Point of Contact: IWPLProc_LSIC@dai.com
Anticipated Award Type: an Individual Fixed Price Purchase Order
Basis for Award: An award will be made based on the Trade Off Method. The award will be issued to the responsible and reasonable offeror who provides the best value to DAI and its client using a combination of technical and cost/price factors.
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
- An increase of one million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
B. Activity Summary and Justification
Forum Kommunikasi Air Limbah (FORKALIM) was setup in 2004 under PERPAMSI, the Indonesian association of water supply companies, as a communication forum for wastewater operators—mainly water utilities—to discuss urban sanitation issues. In 2015 the forum became legally independent from PERPAMSI and now, with support from IUWASH PLUS, FORKALIM is transforming into a professional association for Indonesia’s wastewater operators, which provides on-demand training and support services on a cost-recovery basis to both sewerage and fecal sludge management (FSM) operators.
With the focus of sanitation access switching to FSM promotion, the government anticipates several new FSM operators that will require training and support. In response, the government’s planning agency (BAPPANAS) has requested IUWASH and FORKALIM to develop a twinning program for existing and new FSM operators. This activity presents a unique opportunity for FORKALIM to support Indonesia’s fecal sludge management (FSM) framework and, at the same time, add new members and grow its capabilities.
The program will bring together an experienced FSM operator (mentor) and a new operator (mentee) to work together on specific issues—institutional, operational, financial, and customer-related—that the new FSM operator is encountering. During a meeting in 2017, 11 FSM operators identified several issues that could potentially be addressed through the twinning program as well as possible mentors and mentees. In managing the program, FORKALIM would be responsible for registering new members, identifying potential partnerships, working with mentors and mentees to develop a workplan, and monitoring partnership activities.
Under this scope of work the service provider will work with FORKALIM to develop, implement, monitor and document the National FSM Twinning Program as part of the larger umbrella of technical support for FORKALIM.
Support FORKALIM to develop a waste water operator twinning program designed to promote knowledge sharing and build the capacity of fecal sludge management (FSM) operators in Indonesia.
Task 1: Develop the National FSM Twinning Program (months 1-4)
In close collaboration with the IUWASH PLUS sanitation team, FORKALIM management and the service provider working on the FORKALIM Business Plan, the service provider will
- Obtain feedback from FSM stakeholders (both within and outside Jakarta) on preferred mentor-mentee partnerships to take place under the FSM twinning program in 2018;
- Collect and organize information on potential mentors / mentees and assist IUWASH PLUS to arrange logistics for additional Training of Trainers;
- Identify additional financing for FSM twinning program and provide follow-up (official letters, reports, visits by FORKALIM management, etc)
- Develop action plan for twinning partnerships which must include, at minimum:
- Schedule for the proposed activities related to the program
- Planning and logistic requirement for T.O.T. for potential mentors
- Initial list of potential participants
- Estimated budget for the proposed twinning partnerships in 2018
- Proposed communication methods between FORKALIM members
- Submit action plan to FORKALIM and IUWASH PLUS for approval.
Task 2: Support the implementation of the National FSM Twinning Program (months 5–12)
In close collaboration with IUWASH PLUS sanitation team and other key stakeholders identified as partners in the FORKALIM Business plan, the service provider will
- Arrange all invitation letters for participants, mentors and others to attend the twinning events;
- Work with mentor to make logistical arrangements for event participants, resource persons, etc;
- Support IUWASH PLUS in drafting SoWs and budgets for each event;
- Join twinning events, support logistics, arrange payments and documentation (photos, MoM, etc)
- Monitor the application of knowledge from twinning partnerships, for instance improvements made based on the knowledge learned/shared during twining.
Task 3: Produce communication materials for the National FSM Twinning Program
In close coordination with FORKALIM and IUWASH PLUS, the service provider will
- Prepare FSM Twinning Program promotion materials (brochure, info on FORKALIM website, etc) for potential participants, mentors and others;
- Summarize information of each partnership under the twinning program (objectives, milestones, progress, main issues, conclusions, next plans, etc) for posting on the FORKALIM website;
- In close collaboration with the service provider managing the FORKALIM website (hired under a separate contract), support FORKALIM with the preparation and sharing of general FORKALIM information for new and potential members.
E. Deliverables & Payment Schedule
The service provider will work closely with FORKALIM, and IPLUS team members on the following deliverables:
- Progress report 1 (end of month 1) with overview of proposed activities, schedule, critical issues, communication plans with members and national stakeholders
- Progress report 2 – 6 (at end of months 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10) with updates on all ongoing and planned activities related to the National FSM Twinning program, budgets allocated and spend, cost-sharing from other institutions/ donors, emerging issues, twinning meetings documentation, materials provided to FORKALIM website, progress on FORKALIM membership, etc.
- Monthly updates to FORKALIM and IUWASH PLUS (months 3, 5, 7, 9, 11) summarizing similar points as mentioned under the bi-monthly progress reports
- Final report including details and full documentation of the results of all twinning programs, all materials for FORKALIM website
The schedule of deliverables submission and payment is as follow:
|1. Progress Report 1||End of Month 1||10%|
|2. Progress Report 2 (summary month 1 & 2)||End of Month 2||15%|
|3. Progress Report 3 (summary month 3 & 4)||End of Month 4||15%|
|4. Progress Report 4 (summary month 5 & 6)||End of Month 6||15%|
|5. Progress Report 5 (summary month 7 & 8)||End of Month 8||15%|
|6. Progress Report 6 (summary month 9 & 10)||End of Month 10||15%|
|7. Final report (summary month 11, 12 and final results)||End of Month 12||15%|
Note: The regular reporting, including presentation can all be developed in Bahasa Indonesia
F. Posting & Reporting Relationship
The service provider to support FSM National Twinning under FORKALIM will be based in the FORKALIM office in Jakarta (Setiabudi) and for daily tasks is supervised by FORKALIM management. He/she will also provide regular (at least monthly) updates (in writing and through meetings) to the IUWASH PLUS National Sanitation team, who will also provide technical and administrative support to the service provider regarding content of the twinning programs, technical expertise required for various T.O.T, budgets for implementation of the twinning programs, etc. Regular travel to field locations to support the twinning program will be part of this assignment and the cost for this will be covered by a different program under this LSIC budget.
G. Service Provider Requirements
The candidate should have at least
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental or Civil Engineering, Business Administration, Planning or other subject closely related to the WASH Sector;
- 7-years’ experience in the WASH Sector (preferably including wastewater sector);
- Familiar with wastewater stakeholders at local and/or national level (strong network is preferred);
- Excellent communication and writing skills (verbally, writing, presentations);
- Experience in arranging logistics for events, training, including travel arrangements, budgeting, reporting;
- Network of contacts in wastewater sector in Indonesia is preferred;
- The service provider will be engaged for a period of 12 months on a full-time basis.
H. Cost Estimate
Budget for this activity will be provided by IUWASH PLUS from the LSIC fund.
- The budget ceiling to implement the activity is IDR 160.000.000,- up to IDR 180,000,000 (remuneration + travel/communication).
- Budget includes all labor associated with tasks A through C, and all required deliverables.
- Travel within Jakarta will be arranged and covered by the service provider.
- Travel outside Jakarta (if needed) will be paid by IUWASH PLUS and is not included in this budget.
- All direct cost for implementation of stakeholder meetings and the national twinning program is not included in this SoW, but will be covered through separate SoWs.
- The assignment will be remunerated upon delivery and acceptance by the task manager of the agreed outputs (see table above), as per the normal procedures of IUWASH PLUS.
I. Bid Process
- Invitation letter to the bidder (service provider) 4 April 2018
- Pre-bid meeting 6 April 2018
- Submission of bids to IUWASH Jakarta Office 18 April 2018
- Evaluation of bids by IUWASH 20 April 2018
- Negotiation and Clarification 23 April 2018
- Information the winner 24 April 2018
- Contract with the winning bidder 25 April 2018
Note that the above schedule is illustrative and subject to adjustment.
J. Proposal Evaluation
The service provider will be selected based on full and open competition. The potential service provider has to submit a proposal package, which consists of technical proposal (background of the program, task to be conducted, methodology, schedule), cost proposal (proposed monthly rate) and s CV. The proposal will be evaluated based on:
- Qualification 30 %
- Experience 50 %
- Methodology 20 %
K. Other Information:
Issuance of this RFP shall not constitute any form of agreement by DAI to any party.
- Proposals must be accompanied by a bid cover letter written on A4 size paper.
- Budget/cost proposal can be written in the attached format, or bidders can customize it in accordance with their proposed methodology.
- Proposal must be sent no later than 16:00 on April 18, 2018 as follows:
- In PDF format with the subject “Service Provider to Support Twinning program under FORKALIM” to email address: IWPLProc_LSIC@dai.com
- Two (2) sets of hard copy in a sealed envelope clearly labeled as “Service Provider to Support Twinning program under FORKALIM” to the following street address:
IUWASH PLUS Jakarta Office
Mayapada Tower 1, 10th Floor
Jln. Jend. Sudirman Kav 28, Jakarta 12920
Note: On the top left on the proposal envelope, please write:
• Name of Bidder
• Full address
• No Telp/Fax
• Email address
- Only short-listed and selected bidders will be called for technical clarification and negotiation.
- No costs incurred by bidders in the preparation of their proposal will be reimbursed.
- All payments will be made in “Rupiah” currency and all project invoices/payments will be denominated in Rupiah.