|Deadline||Thursday, 22 December 2016|
Web Developer IUWASH PLUS website Jakarta, January – August 2017
Issue Date : December 16, 2016
Title: “Web Developer Company”
Issuing Office & Email/Physical Address for Submission of Proposals:
Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (IUWASH Plus) Jakarta
Mayapada Tower 10th Floor, Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 28, Jakarta 12920
Email : IUWASH_Plus_Procurement@dai.com
Deadline for Receipt of Proposals: December 22th, 2016 at the latest 16.00pm
Soft copy to Iuwash_Plus_Procurement@dai.com
Point of Contact: Iuwash_Plus_Procurement@dai.com
Anticipated Award Type: Fixed Price Purchase Order
Basis for Award: An award will be made based on the Trade Off Method. The award will be issued to the responsible and reasonable offeror who provides the best value to DAI and its client using a combination of technical and cost/price factors.
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene ‘Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua’ (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. Implemented by DAI Global LLC, IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
- An increase of one million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to an improved sanitation facility and all of whom are from the poorest 40% of the population.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, IUWASH PLUS undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) Improving household WASH services; 2) Strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) Strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) Advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication.
As part of communication strategy, IUWASH PLUS will develop a project website to facilitate wide information sharing of the project knowledge products. The website is also expected to be mobile viewer friendly. Web developer will work under the direction of the IUWASH PLUS National Coordinator, Project Communications as part of the Project Communications Team within the Advocacy and Communication (Component-4) Team. Web Developer is responsible for developing IUWASH PLUS website and ensure that the website will be fully functional by the end of the performance period.
Link with IUWASH PLUS High Level Results and Outcomes
This activity links with IUWASH PLUS programs outcomes of the Component 4, which is to enhance the collection, dissemination, and sharing of information and updates on project’s activities, approaches, lessons learned and best practices.
The tasks and responsibilities of the web developer will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Developing IUWASH PLUS website completed with mobile viewer based on the agreed design and features, which includes, but not limited to:
- Providing preferable database options for the website
- Providing preferable web analytics tool for the website
- Ensuring compliance with USAID X-Web standards (please see https://www.usaid.gov/egov/xweb/acquisition-instruments);
- Ensuring compliance with USAID web vulnerability standards (please see https://www.usaid.gov/privacy-policy);
- Ensuring that the website will also be mobile friendly and fully functional by the end of the performance period;
- Providing training session of the newly developed IUWASH PLUS website for web administration purpose to the Communications team;
- Providing at least six-month post-development guarantee according to industry standards, especially for maintenance and troubleshooting for internal and external problems.
The tasks are excluded web site design, hosting and domain cost.
- IUWASH PLUS website with user-friendly and mobile-friendly backend/administrator side developed
- Checked list of compliance items to USAID X-Web standards
- Checked list of compliance with USAID web vulnerability standards
- Training and simple guideline of IUWASH PLUS website back-end management (web administrator)
- Finalized rounds of web site trial-and-fix during the period of performance and maintenance to ensure error-free website
- Six-month post-development guarantee for maintenance and troubleshooting.
Working location and time allocated
Web Developer will work for the period of 8 months starting January 9, 2017 up to August 31, 2017, in the different workloads. The first 2 months is intensive workload for website development, ensuring compliance to USAID web site standards, and providing simple guideline for backend management or web administrator. While the post-development period in the following 6 months will be less intensive and focus only on maintenance and troubleshooting.
Posting & Reporting Relationships
The Web Developer will be based in Jakarta and will require to have an intensive communication and discussion with IUWASH PLUS communication team. The Web Developer will report to the National Coordinator for Project Communications as the Primary Supervisor and will collaborate closely with IT Systems Administrator.
The assignment will be remunerated upon delivery and acceptance by the task manager of the agreed outputs, as per the normal procedures of the IUWASH PLUS, as shown in table above.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in Management Information Systems, or related field and a web site development or related certificate
- Experience in web site development and maintenance
- Strong web project coordination
- Experience in solving issues of browser/device compatibility to create web pages that can be used on any type of server and viewed with any browser/device.
Selection of Service Provider and Evaluation Criteria
The service provider (Web Developer) will be selected based on tender result. The potential bidders have to provide proposal which consist of Technical Proposal (background of the program, Task to be conducted, methodology, schedule), cost proposal and CV for the team member.
Available in Indonesia (Indonesian)