REQ-EJR-18-0047: Individual Consultant for GIS Facilitation PDAM Kabupaten Sidoarjo
|Deadline||Thursday, 31 May 2018|
|Contact Info||IWPLProc_Surabaya@dai.com and IUWASH_Plus_Procurement@dai.com|
Individual Consultant for GIS Facilitation PDAM Kabupaten Sidoarjo
Issue Date : May 17, 2018
Title: “Individual Consultant for GIS Facilitation PDAM Kabupaten Sidoarjo”
”Issuing Office & Email/Physical Address for Submission of Proposals:
USAID – IUWASH PLUS East Java Office
Jl. Kapuas no. 48, Surabaya – 60265
Email : IWPLProc_Surabaya@dai.com
Deadline for Receipt of Proposals: May 31, 2018 (at the latest 04.00 p.m)
Soft copy to IWPLProc_Surabaya@dai.com and IUWASH_Plus_Procurement@dai.com
Point of Contact: IWPLProc_Surabaya@dai.com and IUWASH_Plus_Procurement@dai.com
Anticipated Award Type: Fixed Price Purchase Order
Basis for Award: An award will be made based on the Trade Off Method. The award will be issued to the responsible and reasonable offeror who provides the best value to DAI and its client using a combination of technical and cost/price factors.
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
- An increase of one million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
The provision of piped water supply in urban areas remains challenging for many Indonesian municipalities due to persistently high rates of Non-Revenue Water (NRW), unstable water pressure between service zones, and a host of other issues. While technologies such as Geographic Information Systems (GIS) can substantially improve a water utility’s (PDAM’s) ability to address such issues, many lack in-depth familiarity with GIS or the capacity to maximize its use. This is the case with the PDAMs of Kabupaten Sidoarjo in East Java which has a keen interest in improving their GIS capacity, but which has limited capability. This has been the subject of discussion among multiple parties involved in NRW reduction programming, including Dit SPAM (Ministry of PUPR), World Bank, USAID IUWASH PLUS, and concerned PDAMs and local government (LGs). Based on these discussions, and to determine if the PDAM of Kabupaten Sidoarjo is ready to receive NRW assistance, a review of its GIS capacity was conducted and included examining the availability of staff and quality of spatial data related to its distribution network.
The above GIS review indicated that PDAM Kabupaten Sidoarjo has completed about 80% of mapping required of its distribution system, but would benefit substantially from more concerted technical assistance (to both complete mapping and ensure it has the degree of quality required). In support of this requirement,
IUWASH PLUS requires a GIS Facilitator who will be contracted under a Fixed Price Purchase Order (FPPO) and who will work with the PDAM of Kabupaten Sidoarjo over a period of three (3) month to complete development of spatial data and further provide on-the-job to relevant PDAM staff, and requirement will carry out the selection through an auction mechanism
Scope of work:
The GIS facilitator serves as an implementing partner of IUWASH, providing technical assistance to PDAM staff of Delta Tirta in Kabupaten Sidoarjo spatial database development, including the distribution system and its components. Tasks of the GIS Facilitator will include:
- Overseeing the PDAM’s completion of a spatial map of the entire PDAM distribution system and its components, including house connections.
- Ensuring that the above yields ready-to-use data for pressure / leak analysis for use in NRW reduction programming;
- Through classroom and on-the-job training, improving the understanding of relevant PDAM staff in specific GIS areas, including: digitization, data conversion, data attribute management, query analysis, overlapping analysis, the preparation of thematic maps, etc.;
- Improving PDAM staff capacity to conduct field surveys through practical application of survey tools;
- Monitoring the progress, completeness and quality of the above and identifying and responding to issues as they arise.
Results to be Achieved
During the planned three (3) months of GIS assistance, the following results are expected:
- The PDAM will have a complete set of spatial data of distribution pipelines, including their accessories, of good quality, to ensure their eligibility to participate in the NRW reduction program; and
- Relevant PDAM staff will have improved capacity to carry out GIS-related work in the future.
The GIS Assistance Program is informed to the public through the internet media and the Service Provider will be selected through the tender mechanism. Anyone who meets the requirements can submit a proposal to follow the tender, as for the requirements are as follows:
- GIS Assistance Program – The development of spatial data of PDAM’s distribution pipeline network requires one GIS Service Provider, so that the selection process is open to individual consultant (not companies);
- The minimum education of the prospective applicant is Bachelor (S1), preferably has a geo-science background or any related to;
- Mastering in GIS technology, GIS Open-source applications especially QGIS, and having experience as a GIS Service Provider/Trainer, preferably with experience working on similar programs;
- Prospective applicant must submit a complete proposal, covering the methodology of implementation, the similar experience in carrying out the work which can be proved and implementation costs.
Available in Indonesia (Indonesian)