Refinement of Prototype (Real-time Water Pressure Sensor) for 3 PDAMs (Kota Bekasi, Kota Bogor and Kota Depok) (Iklan Ini Hanya Tersedia Dalam Bahasa Inggris)
|Deadline||Monday, 3 December 2018|
RFP-REQ- JAK-18-0083 – “Refinement of Prototype (Real-time Water Pressure Sensor) for 3 PDAMs (Kota Bekasi, Kota Bogor and Kota Depok)”
Issue Date : November 19, 2018
Title: “Refinement of Prototype (Real-time Water Pressure Sensor) for 3 PDAMs (Kota Bekasi, Kota Bogor and Kota Depok)”
Issuing Office & Email/Physical Address for Submission of Proposals:
Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (IUWASH PLUS) USAID – IUWASH PLUS Jakarta Office, Mayapada Tower 1 Building, 10th Fl. Jl. Jend. Sudirman, Kav. 28, Jakarta 12920
Email : IWPLProc_LSIC@dai.com
Deadline for Receipt of Proposals: December 3, 2018 at the latest 17.00 p.m.
Soft copy to : IWPLProc_LSIC@dai.com
Point of Contact: IWPLProc_LSIC@dai.com
Anticipated Award Type: a Firm Fixed Price Purchase Order
Basis for Award: An award will be made based on the Trade Off Method.
The award will be issued to the responsible and reasonable offeror who provides the best value to DAI and its client using a combination of technical and cost/price factors.
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene ‘Penyehatan Lingkungan untuk Semua’ (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. Implemented by DAI Global LLC, IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
• An increase of one million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply services of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population; and
• An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to a safely managed sanitation services.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening cities WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
PDAM (Municipal Drinking Water Company) service improvement is often constrained by the lack of accurate, real-time data on the status of water pressure within the distribution network. Pressure imbalances contribute to leakage, heightening rates of NRW, which eventually degraded quality of services. If PDAMs were able to obtain accurate, real-time data for network pressure at a low cost, they would be better equipped to optimize flow, and, when combined with flow data, reduce water losses. Open source technologies represent a potential tool to empower utilities with the requisite information.
The first generation of the OSH on water pressure sensor has been developed and piloted in PDAM Kota Bogor and PDAM Kota Bekasi in the period of August 2017 – August 2018. The first generation (consisting of 4 prototypes in each PDAM) was successfully installed and generated data, although the lifetime of the prototypes were different from one another. The longest lifetime (around 4 months) was the prototype installed in PDAM Kota Bogor office complex. The data generated from this prototype can be seen in the chart 1 below. In addition, the first initiative was able to generate interest from PDAM Kota Bogor and PDAM Kota Bekasi as they see the open source hardware potential as an alternative of low cost equipment to support PDAM operation. The interest was shown by the support from management level and involvement in the process of building and maintaining the devices in-house.
The primary objectives of this activity are:
1. To refine the first generation of OSH water pressure sensor prototypes by addressing the mentioned issues and testing 10 refined OSH pressure units in three PDAMs such as PDAM Kota Bekasi, Kota Bogor and Kota Depok
2. To build PDAM network on OSH to provide platform for experience and knowledge sharing on the use of OSH in PDAM operation and also a hub for building capacity of interested PDAMs in developing and using of OSH.
In general, the tasks of this activity consists of:
1. Task-1 : Preparation
• Conduct preliminary discussions with USAID IUWASH PLUS Team (National & WJDT) in order to prepare a approach, methodology and work plan
• Coordination, initial discussions and give presentations about the implementation of the work plan to the management/technical team of PDAM Kota Bekasi, PDAM Kota Bogor and PDAM Kota Depok
2. Task-2 : Data Gathering
• Collect data /information about first generation of OSH water pressure sensor prototypes from IUWASH PLUS and or PDAM Kota Bekasi and PDAM Kota Bogor.
• Collect & discuss the secondary and primary data required for developing prototype of real-time water pressure sensor. The type of data collected will be discussed during the preparation stage, some of the examples are pipes diameter in selected area for pilot in district metering area (DMA), condition in the area for pilot (physical, hydraulic, service, etc), water pressure measurement system/equipment available, and other relevant data.
3. Task-3 : Design and develop the prototype of real-time water pressure sensor
• Make adjustment to the prototype design by addressing several identified issues, including use solar panel for power source and LoRa (long range) for sending data
• Involve participating PDAMs in refining and testing process to maintain interest and ownership
4. Task-4 : Installation of Prototype and Post-Installment Support
• Install the refined prototype in 10 locations in three PDAMs
• Conduct data validation by comparing the data generated from the OSH prototype with the data generated from manufactured equipment
• Provide relevant hands on training for designated PDAMs staff on how to operate, maintain, and conduct minor troubleshooting of the prototype.
• Provide troubleshooting support to each respective PDAM as needed.
• Conduct testing and analysis of the prototyping as basis for refinement process.
• Refine prototype design and data visualization platform for anticipating the expanded deployment and scaling of the technology.
5. Task-5 : Reporting
Selected organization shall prepare various report consist of:
• Inception Report containing the approach & methodology and work plan
• Final reports, which include lessons learned from prototyping and pilot, including iteration process for refinement, and;
• SOP/manual for developing the prototype, installment, and troubleshooting, both available in soft & hardcopy in Bahasa Indonesia
Task-6 : General
• Facilitate experience/knowledge sharing and capacity building / training on OSH for participating PDAMs
• Provide recommendation of communication media for experience and knowledge sharing on the use of OSH in PDAM operation.
• Selected organization and makers must regularly coordinate with PDAM Kota Bekasi, PDAM Kota Bogor & PDAM Kota Depok and if necessary have coordination with USAID IUWASH PLUS Team as well.
• Selected organization and makers must maintain coordination with USAID IUWASH PLUS team, especially with the UWS and GIS Spec., Comp-4 Team Leader & LSIC coordinator in National and also WJDT team.
Posting & Reporting Relationships
1. Location of assignment will be in Jakarta, Bekasi, Bogor & Depok
2. Selected organization will work independently but time to time communicate and discuss with USAID IUWASH PLUS staff & PDAMs staff as needed.
3. Duration of the activity will be around 4 (four) months for Refinement of Prototype (Real-time Water Pressure Sensor) and 6 (six) month intermittent for facilitate experience/knowledge sharing and capacity building / training with the possible extension without additional charges.
Funds budgeted for the implementation of the program will be provided by USAID IUWASH PLUS to the selected organization. The maximum budget estimate for this activity is IDR. 260.000.000,- or around USD. 16,900. The budget will cover all costs for labors, local transportation during field trips, procuring equipment for develop prototyping, communication and reporting. Budget for out of Jakarta transport, accommodation and perdiem will provide if needed.
Estimated professional manpowers required for this program are :
• Coordinator : 1 person, total 5 man-months
• Designer (Selected Maker) : 3 person, total 5 man-months
• Admin & Finance staff : 1 person, total 5 man-months
Selection of Service Provider and Evaluation Criteria
The local implementer (service provider) will be selected based on Full & Open Competition. The potential local implementer (service provider) have to provide proposal which consist of Technical Proposal (background of the program, experience, tasks to be conducted, methodology, schedule, qualification of personnel) and cost proposal .
The proposal will be evaluated based on:
• Qualification of proposed personnel 40 %
• Experience of organization 30 %
• Methodology and work-plan 30 %
Proposed mechanism of the activity will be implemented through fixed price subcontract.
1. Issuance of this RFP shall not constitute any form of agreement by DAI to any party.
2. Proposals in Bahasa Indonesia must be accompanied by a bid cover letter written on A4 size paper.
3. Budget/cost proposal can be written in the attached format, or bidders can customize it in accordance with their proposed methodology.
4. Proposal must be sent no later than 17:00 p.m. on December 3, 2018 as follows :
• In PDF format with the subject “Refinement of Prototype (Real-time Water Pressure Sensor) for 3 PDAMs (Kota Bekasi, Kota Bogor and Kota Depok)” to email address: IWPLProc_LSIC@dai.com or;
• Two (2) sets of hard copy in a sealed envelope clearly labeled as “Refinement of Prototype (Real-time Water Pressure Sensor) for 3 PDAMs (Kota Bekasi, Kota Bogor and Kota Depok)” to the following street address:
USAID – IUWASH PLUS Jakarta Office, Mayapada Tower 1 Building, 10th Floor, Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 28, Jakarta 12920
Note: On the top left on the proposal envelope, please write:
• Name of Bidder
• Full address
• No Telp/Fax
• Email address
5. Only short-listed and selected bidders will be called for technical clarification and negotiation.
6. No costs incurred by bidders in the preparation of their proposal will be reimbursed.
7. All payments will be made in “Rupiah” currency and all project invoices/payments will be denominated in Rupiah.
Available in English (English)