Individual Consultant for Preparation of Readiness Criteria Water Supply Communal System Kabupaten Probolinggo (Iklan ini Hanya Tersedia dalam Bahasa Inggris)
|Deadline||Wednesday, 10 October 2018|
|Contact Info||IWPLProc_Surabaya@dai.com cc to IUWASH_Plus_Procurement@dai.com|
Individual Consultant for Preparation of Readiness Criteria
Water Supply Communal System Kabupaten Probolinggo
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. An increase of one million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
DAI, the implementer of IUWASH PLUS project, invites qualified offerors to submit proposals to supply and deliver “Individual Consultant for Preparation of Readiness Criteria Water Supply Communal System Kabupaten Probolinggo for Period Nov 2018 to Jan 2019 as a Local Facilitator who will be contracted as a Personal Contractor”
Local Facilitator serves as an implementing partner of USAID IUWASH PLUS, to provide technical and non-technical assistance to community in Desa Sentul Kecamatan Gading, Desa Suko, Desa Maron Kulon Kecamatan Maron and Desa Alas Kandang Kecamatan Besuk Kabupaten Probolinggo, especially in preparing project proposal for SPAM Komunal development project that funded by Dinas PUCK Kabupaten Probolinggo. The main task of local facilitator is to act as a community mentor for SPAM Komunal development project. The activities in the mentoring process as follows.
• Collecting the Desa’s profile (from 4 desa, only 3 desa that has SPAM Komunal, which are Desa Sentul Kecamatan Gading, Desa Suko and Desa Maron Kulon Kecamatan Maron), include the existing condition of water supply access. If there is SPAM Komunal system in the desa, it should be completed with data of : before and after the SPAM Komunal project, percentage of coverage area of SPAM Komunal, development planning of SPAM Komunal, etc.
• Collecting basic information of water supply (SPAM Komunal) condition in 3 desa (Desa Sentul Kecamatan Gading, Desa Suko, Desa Maron Kulon Kecamatan Maron). This include:
a. Detailed Engineering Design (DED) for the existing SPAM Komunal,
b. Water sources of the system and alternative water sources identification,
c. Water reservoir, its condition and how it works,
d. Existing transmission and distribution system,
e. Total house connection (Sambungan Rumah – SR) after the SPAM Komunal project was finished and its progress till present,
f. Condition of SR, equipped with water meter or not and how its condition,
g. Other technical aspect that related to SPAM Komunal.
• Collecting basic information about non-technical aspect of SPAM Komunal in 3 desa (Desa Sentul Kecamatan Gading, Desa Suko, Desa Maron Kulon Kecamatan Maron). This include:
a. Billing system in SPAM Komunal,
b. Commitment of the community (based on willingness to pay),
c. Commitment of the CBO to maintain the system (based on the development planning, administration or bookkeeping of the CBO),
d. Commitment of the local government (Kepala Desa) in SPAM Komunal development (based on the Dana Desa funding for SPAM Komunal development).
e. Other non-technical aspect that related in SPAM Komunal.
• Collecting data regarding the development planning of SPAM Komunal in 2019. This include (can be vary, depend on each desa condition):
a. Additional of potential new house connection,
b. Additional of distribution pipe,
c. Additional of water reservoir,
d. Other supporting data that related in SPAM Komunal development in 2019.
• Collecting other data that needed to support the readiness criteria for SPAM Komunal Development Project that will be funded by Dinas PUCK in 2019 for 4 Desa.
• Prepare project proposal that fulfills the community need and meets the PUCK requirement for project funding in 2019 (including the number of investment to construct the new system or develop existing system like reservoir, transmission / distribution system, etc).
• Work closely with the CBO and local government (Kepala Desa) during project proposal preparation. This include but not limited to :
a. Involve the CBO and Kepala Desa in designing SPAM Komunal system (attached the design sketch to the report as a proof of participative approach).
b. Trigger the community to make a demand creation and resulted in willingness to connect and willingness to pay when the SPAM Komunal project is realized in 2019 (attached the commitment of the community to the report, by name by address).
As for the best result of the implementation on its duties, Local Facilitator activities will be under the supervision of East Java Regional USAID IUWASH PLUS team
Manpower required for this program is one who responsible for Local Facilitator, with the following qualifications :
a. S-1 bachelor’s degree, in Environmental Engineering, or
b. S-1 bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
a. Have the ability to make a water supply system planning.
b. Have a good understanding of participative method.
a. Minimum 5 years experiences in community based, especially in WASH sector.
b. Preferably having work experience in WSLIC or PAMSIMAS program.
Budget & Time schedule
The budget ceiling for this activity is Rp 30,000,000 (thirty million rupiah) and payment will be released based on achievement during 3 month since November 2018 to January 2019.
This activity plan is informed to the public through the internet media. Anyone who meets the requirements may submit a Curriculum Vitae that demonstrating the experience of carrying out similar work.
Available in English (English)