|Deadline||Monday, 28 December 2020|
Issue Date : December 14, 2020
Title: “Implementation of PD PAL Jaya Product and Service’s Marketing Strategy”
Issuing Office & Email/Physical Address for Submission of Proposals:
Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (IUWASH Plus) Jakarta , Mayapada Tower 10th Floor, Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 28, Jakarta 12920 ;
Deadline for Receipt of Proposals: December 28, 2020 at the latest 17.00 p.m.
Soft copy Proposal to : IWPLProc_InboxLSIC@dai.com
Point of Contact: IWPLProc_LSIC@dai.com
Anticipated Award Type: Firm Fixed Price Purchase Order
Basis for Award: An award will be made based on the Trade Off Method. The award will be issued to the responsible and reasonable offeror who provides the best value to DAI and its client using a combination of technical and cost/price factors.
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-year-and-eight-month initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
- An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
DKI Jakarta is one of the largest metropolitan areas in the world that due to rapid and often unplanned growth, has and continues to face tremendous challenges in the WASH sector. As the population continues to rapidly grow and as the overall metropolitan area becomes increasingly built-up, WASH service expansion has not been able to keep pace. The lack of piped water services in many areas also increases the reliance of especially poorer households on shallow wells, but the lack of appropriate septage management service likewise means that many of the wells that households rely on are increasingly contaminated.
PD PAL Jaya (Waste Water Company for Jakarta) provides a range of services, including from an “off-site” sewerage system as well as through the provision of desludging services for “on-site” systems under a program for scheduled desludging services (Layanan Lumpur Tinja Terjadwal or “L2T2”). PD PAL Jaya has the ambition to rapidly expand their service with aim to cover 30% of the Jakarta population (over 10 million people) in near future, and because their own effort to increase customer base quickly has not been very successful, therefore PD-PAL Jaya has requested IUWASH PLUS assistance in developing a new promotional strategy to assist them in reaching their target of 800,000 households by 2022.
To be able to achieve this large target, IUWASH PLUS has already begun its initial activities with previous consultant during the period of October 2018 – July 2019 with the results as in the following link: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FOzZqhKIwVasG5JGRDQHlkyfCLmX5JKI/view). Some of results from initial activities are about customer behavior, PD PAL Jaya’s products/services perception and path especially on sewerage system, BioPal Septic Tank and Desludging services (L2T2). Some of results from the initial activity such as research on customer behavior, perception and path of PD PAL Jaya products and services such as piping systems, BioPal septic tanks and PD PAL Jaya toilet suction services.
The consultant recommendation on the sanitation marketing strategy illustrated in the graphic below, it is concluded that the PD PAL Jaya communication and marketing promotion division has not have the capacity to do all of the recommended activities. IUWASH PLUS will facilitate the PD PAL Jaya Communication and Marketing Promotion Division staff in the training of some of the recommended proposed promotional activities that is really needed in the short term to help PD PAL Jaya in achieving the targeted customers. Prior to the training IUWASH PLUS will also assist PD PAL Jaya in the development of the training modules in regard to selected sanitation marketing strategy of which could be implemented during the implementation time period of 6 months.
1.Graph 01. Marketing Sanitation Roadmap
The above graph shows activities that need to be implemented within 10 months, however for this scope of work that covers only for six month the consultant or service provider need to implement only activities for the first six months. The above graph illustrate recommended activities some are below and some are above the line depending on the impact of each activity it provide.
To obtain the maximum result of the marketing strategy training IUWASH PLUS will facilitate with the assistance of the service provider or consultant to conduct some pilot programs through marketing sanitation event, talk show, community event, advertisement, marketing partnership for sanitation product and services, campaign, and social media promotion. These activities can be seen in the below tasks matrix.
The Marketing Strategy Implementation of PD PAL Jaya’s Product and Services activity has the following objective:
- Training to PD PAL Jaya staffs (classroom training, on the job training for any testing strategies and potential partnership with private sector);
- Materials improvement and productions of selected marketing strategy materials; and
- Events, supporting the implementation of sanitation marketing (marketing sanitation event, talk show, community event, advertisement, marketing partnership for sanitation product and services, campaign, social media promotion, etc.).
The service provider or consultant shall conduct the following activities within 6 (six) months as illustrated below:
|No||Type of Activity||Month||PIC||OUTPUT||Remark|
(Marketing Strategy with PD PAL Jaya & work plan activities agreed by PD PAL Jaya)
|B||Above the line fecal desludging|
|1||brochure||X||PDPAL||Tbd||Committed by PD PAL Jaya|
|2||search engine marketing (SEM)||X||X||IUWASH PLUS||180 orders of desludging
|Committed by USAID IUWASH PLUS|
|3||social media adsense||X||X||IUWASH PLUS|
|4||broadcast message||X||IUWASH PLUS|
|5||educational video (small editing from existing)||X||X||X||X||IUWASH PLUS||knowledge product|
|C||Above the line BioPal|
|1||search engine marketing (SEM)||X||X||IUWASH PLUS||5 products sales of BioPal||Committed by USAID IUWASH PLUS|
|2||“toilet untuk semua” or similar with PD PAL Jaya existing program called “Peduli Lingkungan Masjid”||X||X||PDPAL||Tbd||Committed by PD PAL Jaya|
|D||Below the line fecal desludging|
|1||partnership with private company||X||PD PAL & IUWASH PLUS (for guidance of partnership with private sector)||knowledge product||Committed by PD PAL Jaya|
|2||BioPal’s contractor/construction material store||X||PD PAL||Tbd||Committed by PD PAL Jaya|
|3||teman peduli Jakarta||X||X||PDPAL|
|E||Below the line BioPal|
|1||partnership with private company||X||PD PAL & IUWASH PLUS (for guidance of partnership with private sector)||knowledge product||Committed by PD PAL Jaya & USAID IUWASH PLUS|
|2||B2B marketing||X||X||PD PAL||Tbd||Committed by PD PAL Jaya|
|3||teman peduli Jakarta||X||X||PDPAL|
Table 01. Detail action plan
IUWASH PLUS OUTCOMES
The above-proposed activities will contribute to the following USAID IUWASH PLUS outcomes:
- HR2 : 900 of people gaining access to safely managed sanitation services as a result of USG assistance (40 % within LSIC period and 60 % 6 months after LSIC period, however if the marketing continue the number will be grow)
- C2c: 1 (one) of local sanitation management units (PD PAL Jaya) with improved service delivery performance
- C4b: 2 (two) of knowledge products developed
- T1: 25 (twenty five) of people trained
WORKING ARRANGEMENTS AND TIMING
The service provider has the obligation to:
- Report to IUWASH PLUS DKI-Jakarta Coordinator or other designated IUWASH PLUS senior staff.
- Work in Jakarta, with regular visits to IUWASH PLUS office and PD PAL office for progress meetings, discussions and training.
- Provide regular update on progress by email/meeting to IUWASH PLUS and PD PAL.
- Engaged for a period of 6 (six) months on a PO basis starting o/a February 2021 to August 2021
The National IUWASH PLUS DKI-Jakarta and Component 1 team will provide technical and administrative support to the service provider regarding arranging meetings, obtaining data and information materials, etc.
- Budget for the implementation of this activity will be provided by IUWASH PLUS from LSIC fund.
- The budget estimate is IDR. 321,075,000 (three hundred twenty one million and seventy five thousand rupiah), and an additional co-funding from PD PAL Jaya
- Budget includes all labor associated with tasks (A) through (E), and all required deliverables.
- Travel within Jakarta will be arranged and covered by the service provider.
- The assignment will be remunerated upon delivery and acceptance by the task manager of the agreed outputs (see table above), as per the normal procedures of IUWASH PLUS.
DELIVERABLE AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE
The payment will be made through 5 (five) transaction after all required deliverable are submitted to USAID IUWASH PLUS and verified by technical team and client. The details schedule is as follows:
|1. Inception report: Implementation methodology, work plan time of execution.||2nd week after contract signed||10%|
|2. Interim Report 01:
Compile detail implementation of action plan that have been recommended by previous consultant according to table 01.
|End of Month 01||20%|
|3. Interim Report 02:
Report of Improving material marketing and production design including production of its material (selected and agreed)
|End of Month 2||20%|
|4. Interim Report 03:
Report of promotional event implementation based on proposed timeline by service provider and agreed by PD PAL Jaya
|End of Month 4||20%|
|5. Final Report||End of Month 6||30%|
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
IUWASH PLUS will seek a local implementer/service provider (vendor) to implement the above work of which must have the following qualification:
- The vendor must have a minimum 5 years in the marketing & advertising experience including digital activities
- Experience in serving clients such as private companies, state-owned enterprises, government agencies and NGOs
- Experience in developing an end to end marketing solution frameworks
- Team Leader / Strategist/
- Minimum 5 years in marketing, and/or business development
- Have successful past performance and experience in similar field in marketing strategy and business consultation
- Minimum 3 years experiences in developing marketing materials
- Have successful past performance and experience in similar field in concept & design for campaign
- Minimum 3 years experiences in market research
- Able to conduct any types of research needed
- Social media/Paid Digital Media Specialist
- Minimum 3 years experiences in social media/paid media/digital ads
- Have successful past performance and conversion in social media/paid media/digital ads
- The selected local implementer (vendor) shall propose the personnel/team compositions and qualifications based on the required tasks and deliverables stated in previous sections.
Proposed mechanism of the activity will be implemented through a Fixed-Price Subcontract (PO). The selected local implementer (vendor) will be selected based on Full & Open Competition. The selected local implementer/service provider (vendor) has to provide a proposal that will consist of Technical Proposal (background of the program, Task to be conducted, methodology, schedule), cost proposal and CV.
The proposal will be evaluated based on:
- Qualification of proposed personnel 20 %
- Experience of company 40 %
- Methodology 40 %
- RFP-REQ-WJD-20-0184-Implementation of PD PAL Jaya Product and Service’s Marketing Strategy
- Template Budget REQ-WJD-20-0184
Available in English (English)