|Deadline||Friday, 10 January 2020|
“Enhancing Capacity Building Program for PDAM through E-learning “
Issue Date : December 19, 2019
Title: Service Provider for “Enhancing Capacity Building Program for PDAM through E-learning ”
”Issuing Office & Email/Physical Address for Submission of Proposals:
Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (IUWASH Plus) Jakarta , Mayapada Tower 10th Floor, Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 28, Jakarta 12920 ;
Email : IWPLProc_InboxLSIC@dai.com
Deadline for Receipt of Proposals: January 10, 2020 at the latest 17.00 p.m
Soft copy to : IWPLProc_InboxLSIC@dai.com
Point of Contact: IWPLProc_LSIC@dai.com
Anticipated Award Type: Firm Fixed Price Purchase Order
Basis for Award: An award will be made based on the Trade Off Method. The award will be issued to the responsible and reasonable offeror who provides the best value to DAI and its client using a combination of technical and cost/price factors.
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-and-a-half year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
- An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
B. Activity Background
Improving the capacity of WASH sector actors is a critical part in the effort to increase access to safely-managed WASH, especially for the service providers’ personnel. Given that, USAID IUWASH PLUS includes the capacity building aspect in the PDAM performance index monitoring, which is used to track the improvement of PDAM performance as a result of USAID IUWASH PLUS technical assistance. However, many WASH service providers/operators such as PDAMs still have limited access to capacity building programs due to several constrains, among them there are still a few institutions that provide training programs designed specifically for PDAMs and are expensive to participate in the program. Balai Teknik Air Minum (BTAM) under the Directorate General of Human Settlements, Ministry of Public Works and Housing is one of the institution that provide such training, design specifically for water supply operators of PDAMs and focus on technical aspects of water services.
BTAM provides training for PDAMs with different funding schemes, completely free for ‘sick’ PDAMs, partially-funded for ‘unhealthy’ PDAMs, and PDAM-paid program for healthy PDAMs. BTAM has a comprehensive training program, divided into 4 clusters that are: production, transmission and distribution, mechanical and electrical, and other supporting aspects, with each cluster having several fields. However, BTAM has limitations to serve a significant number of participants due to most of the comprehensive training program requires substantial face-to-face time to deliver, the duration of different training module is ranging from 5 up to 10 days, thus maximum participants that can be trained in BTAM are only 1,000 per year.
While, the total personnel of PDAMs in Indonesia are more than 60,000 personnel. Therefore, to increase number of PDAMs personnel that can receive training from BTAM, a new methodology for providing the training program is necessary, such as combining the e-learning and face-to-face method to reduce the duration. BTAM and Directorate of Water Supply Development, MPWH request USAID IUWASH PLUS assistance to develop the e-learning concept, structure, and develop example of e-learning modules.
Therefore, USAID IUWASH PLUS will hire multimedia company to develop the Learning Management System (LMS) and e-learning modules from available modules with a duration of 8 JPL. The multimedia consultant will conduct the development of e-learning starting from the concept, storyboard, LMS and modules development, conduct trials, evaluate results, and adjust when needed.
This LSIC aims to support Balai Teknik Air Minum (BTAM) in expanding the training methodology through online training/e-learning. The online training will become prerequisite to the face-to-face training. To be eligible for face to face training, the participants need to take the online training and pass the minimum score in the post test. The online training will mostly cover the basic knowledge/theory or introduction, while the advance topics that require field practice or on-the-job exposure will be done by face-to-face. By combining the two training methodologies, BTAM is expected to be able to increase the number of yearly training participants, who are mostly from PDAMs.
In general, the tasks and responsibilities of the consultant will include, but not limited to:
- Identification of e-learning users.
- Identifying e-learning needs such as participant registration, discussion, tests and certificates.
- Identification of e-learning infrastructure requirements.
- Conduct regular discussion with USAID IUWASH PLUS and relevant stakeholders at Ministry of Public Works and Housing
- Development of Learning Management Systems
- Identification of features required to operate e-learning (for instance: content management, registration, forum and/or video call/conf., testing and assessment, reporting and tracking, etc)
- Based on the agreed features, develop the LMS concept and design
- Develop the learning management system
Note: the LMS is planned to be integrated with SIPANDU (Sistem Layanan Terpadu) that developed by Subdit Data dan Informasi, Dit. Keterpaduan Infrastruktur Permukiman, Kem. PUPR
- Development of E-learning modules (for 2 selected topics with total of 8 JPL or equivalent with 6 hours)
- Development of conceptual design and outline content (story board).
- Mockup development which is a visual sketch of the e-learning display.
- Prototype development which is a system or platform design that will be used.
- Development of e-learning modules.
- Trial/pre-test of e-modules
- Conduct application pen test with Pusdatin of Ministry of Public Works and Housing
- Conduct E-learning trial in several locations
- Evaluate of e-learning trial results
- E-learning improvement or adjustment
- Support for e-learning management
- Development of Standard Operational Procedure (SOP) for BTAM to operate e-learning (backend manual)
- Provide training to operate and manage e-learning to relevant stakeholders (mainly BTAM and Pusdatin)
After completion, the LMS and e-learning modules will be managed by Balai Teknis Air Minum (BTAM). However, the programs (LSM and e-learning modules) will be stored in the Pusdatin of MPWH server. Therefore, close communication with these institutions are critical to ensure compatibility and ease of management.
- Concept and design of Learning Management Systems Brief and e-learning modules
- Learning Management System (LMS)
- 2 modules of e-learning (details see attachment)
- SOP for managing e-learning
- Brief report on trial process and key points for improvement
F. Contribution to IUWASH PLUS Outcomes
The above proposed activities will contribute to the following IUWASH PLUS outcomes:
- C4b Number of knowledge products
- C4e Number of national level WASH policies, regulations, guidelines or frameworks developed, strengthened, or adopted
G. Posting & Reporting Relationships
The multimedia company will work out of the IUWASH PLUS office in Jakarta and report directly to the component 4 team lead. WASH e-learning development consultant (STTA) will provide significant support in implementing the tasks, especially in concept development, facilitate discussion and agreement of the concept and scheme for LMS and E-Learning with BTAM, Dit. PSPAM, and other relevant stakeholders. And also, provide input and feedback for the multimedia consultant on different aspects of E-Learning modules, such as the use of effective media, animation, user interface, etc. When travel is required, associated costs (for airfare, local transport, accommodation, per diem, etc.) will be financed directly by USAID IUWASH PLUS and in accordance with project-level practice and regulations.
This activity will be implemented over 7 months from January to July 2020, with the detail schedule as follow:
|2||Development of E-learning modules|
|· Story board development|
|· Modules development|
|· E-learning trial|
|· Evaluation and improvement|
I. Estimated Budget and Payment Schedule
The budget for this activity is estimated at IDR 475,000,000.- for development of Learning Management System (custom) and 2 topics of e-learning modules of 8 JPL (equivalent with 6 hours). Payments will be made in 5 stages after the submission of the deliverables for each stage is received and approved by the USAID IUWASH PLUS and other key stakeholders (mainly BTAM and Dit. PSPAM) in accordance with the tasks that must be carried out. .
Payment as mentioned above will be as follows:
|Inception report including detailed methodology, work plan, schedule, and personnel mobilization||Week 1||10%|
|Concept and design of LMS and e-learning modules||Month 1.5||20%|
|Draft of LMS and ready for trial||End of month 3||20%|
|Draft of e-learning modules ready for trial (for 2 topics)||End of month 5||30%|
|· Final LMS and E-learning modules
· SOP for managing e-learning
|End of month 7||20%|
J. Proposed Mechanism
This activity will be implemented through fixed-price purchase order.
K. Evaluation Criteria
The multimedia company will be selected based on tender result and using full and open competition. Candidates for service provider must provide a proposal which consists of a Technical Proposal (background of the program, tasks to be conducted, methodology, schedule & CVs of the team) and Cost Proposal.
The proposal will be evaluated based on:
- Methodology : 30 point
- Qualification of personnel : 40 point
- Company experience in similar activity : 30 point
L. Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum three years of experience in producing LMS and e-learning. Additional experience in producing videos for non-profit organizations or development programs would be an added advantage.
- Having good knowledge about the different types and format LMS and e-learning.
- Having creative idea and concept on how to present the modules contents interestingly, and combined with the current video style and technology whenever possible, such as the use of motion graphics.
- Having excellent technical capacities in LMS and e-learning making to ensure smooth and high-quality production.
- The service provider is required to have sufficient resources and form several teams to work in parallel for completing all the products (LMS, e-learning modules and SOP) within 7 months.
- Creative-minded and updated with the current trend of digital media products.
- Proven ability to effectively manage workloads and meet deadlines, be self-disciplined, good communication skills, and have an absolute intolerance to plagiarism.
Willingness to work in a responsible, flexible and collaborative manner.
Available in Indonesia (Indonesian)