Individual Consultant for Graphic Designer to Update Visual Aid based in Jakarta
(JOB CODE: FPICA/GDVA_JKT)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five year-and-eight months initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidates to fill the position of
Individual Consultant for Graphic Designer to Update Visual Aid based in Jakarta (JOB CODE: FPICA/GDVA_JKT)
• Provide concept drawings to improve flipchart
• Create visual aids based on elaboration of all entries from existing materials
In general, the duties and responsibilities of an individual consultant will include the following:
1. Reviewing products that have been published
2. Develop concepts and sketches in the form of illustrations, tabulations, charts, and layouts
3. Consulted with the USAID IUWASH PLUS team on conducting the work
4. Produce a mockup of the visual aid
5. Deliver The final product of the visual aid that is ready for mass production
6. Provide Original files of graphic contents with high resolution that can be produced by printers
Required Qualifications and Experience
The candidate should have the following criteria:
1. Minimum work experience of at least three (3) years in visual communication design or similar role.
2. Having experience working in a not-for-profit organization or development project such as the USAID project will be a great advantage
3. Have skills and experience in using various design software. Having the ability to create images according to ideas or concepts is highly desirable
4. Have attention to work details, communicative and willing to attend meetings
5. Willing to work within tight scheduled time frame collaboratively
Expected Start Date: September 2021
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before August 22, 2021. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Available in English (English)