(JOB CODE: STTA/PTT_EJRO)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five year-and-eight months initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidates to fill the position of
Individual Consultant for Facilitators to Support PERUMDAM Tugu Tirta Malang City for Construction of Infiltration Ponds in the Catchment Area of Binangun Springs (JOB CODE: STTA/PTT_EJRO)
The purpose of this activity is to support PERUMDAM Tugu Tirta in utilizing the infiltration ponds construction funds that have been allocated in their Business Plan as part of Spring Water Conservation program, with an allocation of around 300 million rupiah or approximately 60 units of infiltration ponds.
Consultant does facilitation in the development of infiltration ponds for PERUMDAM Tugu Tirta include but not limited to:
1. Coordination and preparation include: regular coordination meeting with UWSS and PERUMDAM Tugu Tirta and LG officials in Kelurahan level; prepare work plan/timeline and community socialization strategies; determining locations; capacity building, design and supervision of infiltration pond construction
2. Determine the area of the infiltration ponds construction location
3. Carry out community socialization related to the infiltration pond development plan and its benefits for the community.
4. Carry out survey for determining the location and coordinates of infiltration ponds (delineation & tagging)
5. Carry out training for design, cost estimation and procurement of materials and equipment
6. Supervision of the Implementation of Infiltration Pond Construction
7. Carry out capacity building for operation and maintenance to community and PERUMDAM Tugu Tirta
8. Carry out training for spring water flow measurement to PERUMDAM Tugu Tirta staff.
9. Prepare Reports
Prospective consultants are expected to have the following criteria:
· Education Background
S-1 bachelor’s degree, in Technical, or other related discipline.
· Working Experience
a. Understand about infiltration pond construction.
b. Have experience in community empowerment
c. Have the ability and experience in providing training to the community and government officials
d. Have experience in determining the best location for the construction of infiltration ponds and determining the coordinates
e. Able to communicate well with stakeholders such as Local Government officials in Kelurahan Level and PDAM
f. Able to work independently with limited supervision and facilities.
g. Oriented to project results.
h. Preferably having experience in collaboration with PDAM and/or government projects in the drinking water sector.
Expected Start Date: September 2021
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before August 22, 2021. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Available in English (English)