Individual Consultant for APBD Improvement Strategy (JOB CODE: STTA/APBD_IS_JKT)
(JOB CODE: STTA/APBD_IS_JKT)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five year-and-eight months initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviours among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidates to fill the position of Individual Consultant for APBD Improvement Strategy (JOB CODE: STTA/APBD_IS_JKT)
The APBD Improvement Strategy will explore or develop the strategy and mechanism to increase the APBD allocation for WASH development. To develop a strategy and mechanism to increase the APBD for WASH and these will be approached by the APBD tracking have been facilitated by USAID IUWASH PLUS and tariff reviews facilitated to several PDAM or this will base upon the field experiences of USAID IUWASH PLUS advocating LG to increase the allocation.
The Consultant will support USAID IUWASH PLUS in strengthening the WASH financing environment specifically at the local level in order LG has the reference to increase WASH allocation using the APBD tracking tools and water tariff review. The strategy and mechanism to be developed is field activity-based or taking from the field experience of USAID IUWASH PLUS regional office advocating LG to increase allocation and facilitating PDAM for the water tariff adjustment in order to have adequate cash and eventually be able to contribute APBD for WASH allocation.
Responsibilities of the Consultant will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Gather information from the field/regional activities in advocating LG to increase WASH allocation in the APBD. To this, the consultant will communicate intensively with Regional WASH Finance Specialist and Governance Specialist;
- At the regional office, gather APBD increase analysis that was prepared by regional WASH Finance Specialists and Governance Specialist using the APBD tracking tools;
- In water and wastewater tariff or retribution aspects, gather information of the tariff/retribution adjustment process of the water and wastewater from the regional WASH Finance Specialist and Governance Specialist to include the process of the legal aspect of the head of a district or mayor and with the DPRD approval for the new tariff/retribution;
- Develop the analysis of the correlation between the WASH budget policy (KUA) and the WASH budget ceiling in the APBD;
- Develop the document of strategy and mechanism to increase APBD allocation for WASH Improvement through the APBD tracking analysis and tariff adjustment and retribution;
- Performing other tasks that are consistent with the above and as assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimal education background is Diploma/Bachelor from any field of discipline;
- Understand of APBD information and advocacy process in local government level;
- Having experience in developing the analysis of local government budget and advocacy process in local government to include the local
- Possesses good writing skill; good verbal and written communications skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English;
- Proficiency with computers, especially writing programs, excel; Google Docs, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint
Expected Start Date: July 2021
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before June 27, 2021. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.