Individual Consultant for Outcome C1 PY5 data collection and analysis for the region of South Sulawesi (JOB CODE: STTA/DCA_SS) dan Individual Consultant for Outcome C1 PY5 data collection and analysis for the region of SSEI (JOB CODE: STTA/DCA_SSEI)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five year-and-eight months initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidates to fill the positions of
– Individual Consultant for Outcome C1 PY5 data collection and analysis for the region of South Sulawesi (JOB CODE: STTA/DCA_SS)
– Individual Consultant for Outcome C1 PY5 data collection and analysis for the region of SSEI (JOB CODE: STTA/DCA_SSEI)
Scope of Works
Under the supervision of the IUWASH PLUS Component 1 Team, the tasks and responsibilities of the person will include, but not be limited to, the following:
1. Maintain close communication and coordination with communication channels, local governments and private sectors regarding the Urban STBM approach implementation, especially at hotspot and non-hotspot location of USAID IUWASH PLUS;
2. Conduct monitoring to ongoing water and sanitation facility construction for potential C1 outcomes achievements;
3. Provide technical assistance for BDS IBI in South Sulawesi and East Indonesia Regions
4. Conduct supporting data collection of remaining outcome C1a, C1c, C1d, C1e, C1f and C1g achievements at hotspot and non-hotspot location;
5. Coordinate the C1a survey (incl. enumerator management), data analysis and reporting;
6. Support Component 1 in monitoring existing CEM program implementation
7. Conducting and overseeing any necessary activities to support target achievement
8. Submitting monitoring and evaluation of work reports.
· At least 7 years’ experience working in community mobilization, demand mobilization and behavior change, sanitation marketing/market based approach, preferably in WASH sector
· Strong facilitation skill, knowledge and experience in participatory approach as well as participatory monitoring and evaluation, preferably experience in WASH sector
· Good communication skill and experience working with multi stakeholder; government, CBO, PKK, private sector/CSR, koperasi/MFI, university etc.
· Strong knowledge and networking with Provincial Government of South Sulawesi, Maluku, North Maluku and Papua
· Strong knowledge and networking with LG in preferably LG of Kota Makassar, Kabupaten Maluku Tengah, Kota Ternate, Kota Jayapura and Kabupaten Jayapura
Expected Start Date: June – July 2021
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before June 13, 2021. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Available in English (English)