Individual Consultant for PAMRT Visual Communication and Graphic Design Specialist in Jakarta
(JOB CODE : STTA/VCGD_JKT )
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five year-and-eight months initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidates to fill the positions of
PAMRT Visual Communication and Graphic Design Specialist (JOB CODE: STTA/VCGD_JKT)
The primary objective of the PAMRT Visual Communication and Graphic Design Specialist position is to develop PAMRT guidelines and modules including creative design of information, education, and communication (IEC) material. Specifically, s/he will act as Specialist for developing PAMRT guidelines and modules to support the USAID IUWASH PLUS Project’s achievement and Implementation of Urban STBM under Component One: “Improving Households Demand for WASH Services.”
The PAMRT Visual Communication and Graphic Design Specialist will support the development of PAMRT guidelines and modules including information, education, and communication (IEC) materials.
The responsibilities will include:
· Rewrite Pengolahan Air Minum Rumah Tangga (PAMRT) Guideline
· Rewrite Pengolahan Air Minum Rumah Tangga (PAMRT) Module;
· Develop creative design of Pengolahan Air Minum Rumah Tangga Guideline and Module;
· Taking part on the discussion with MOH and revise the PAMRT guideline and module accordingly
· Possess at least a university degree (S1) majoring in visual communication design or any related background.
· At least 3-years experience providing technical assistance or as a consultant of enterprises preferably in similar issues.
· Experiences in developing creative design, preferably related to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Issues;
· Able to work independently in limited supervision/facility in his/her designated areas;
· Excellent team player with a range of people, excellent interpersonal skills, with experience in visual communication design.
Expected Start Date: June – July 2021
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before June 6, 2021. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Available in English (English)