Individual Consultant for Implementation of Minimum Service Standards (SPM) Public Works & Spatial Kota Bogor (JOB CODE: STTA/SPM_BGR)
(JOB CODE : STTA/SPM_BGR)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five year-and-eight months initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidates to fill the position of
Individual Consultant for Implementation of Minimum Service Standards (SPM) Public Works & Spatial Kota Bogor
(JOB CODE: STTA/SPM_BGR)
The main objective of this activities:
1. Support and play an active role with the local government in developing a data collection system, facilitating the calculation of basic service fulfillment, compiling a basic service fulfillment plan and providing examples of data collection on basic service fulfillment using a data format that makes it easy to collect and fulfill the MSS achievement format;
2. SPM compliance data is included in the local government Planning and Budgeting Documents;
3. Identification civil society scoping activities in monitoring services.
With the Guidance of the National Governance, Sanitation, Water Coordinator and the direction of the National consultant, the Local Consultant (WASH facilitator) will:
a. monitor the day-to-day activities of implementing SPM in local governments;
b. facilitate and assist the tasks of the MSS National Consultant for each activity related to meetings with local government and for each activity related to the need for supporting data;
c. participate in encouraging local government in data consensus for baseline MSS and annual updates monitor Identification of data management systems that have the potential to host SPM data participate in monitoring the use of the SPM format in accordance with the applicable format;
d. together with local governments to identify SPM parameters, data and the need for current MSS data; with local government Determine respondents in a limited survey / census model activity in pilot locations;
e. together with the local government to prepare an application format that will be used to carry out a limited survey / census model for collecting MSS data at the pilot location;
f. together with the local government to develop an information system for MSS data management if no system is available at the local government;
g. together with the local government to present and develop a CEM model for community participation in the implementation of MSS together with local governments to develop a simple formula for calculating the budget to meet MSS.
USAID IUWASH PLUS will seek a consultant to implement the above work, with following qualification:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Local Government Administration or Economics or Statistics or urban planning engineer, or equivalent;
2. Minimum 5 years’ experience in identifying, analyzing and compiling MSS data;
3. Having the knowledge and understanding related to the formulation of MSS Data, regulations and policies in the Indonesian government both at the district / city, provincial and central levels;
4. Having experience in formulating statistical data.
5. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English and Indonesian.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with limited supervision.
Expected Start Date: May – June 2021
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before May 2, 2021. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Available in English (English)