Individual Consultant for Sanitation Promotion and Sales on Sanitation Financing Product in MFI, Malang District
(JOB CODE: FPICA/SPS_MLG)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five year-and-eight-month initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
- An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidate to fill the position of
Individual Consultant for Sanitation Promotion and Sales on Sanitation Financing Product in MFI, Malang District, East Java Regional Office (JOB CODE: FPICA/SPS_MLG)
The primary objective of the Consultant is to support MFI in:
- Coordinating with MFI to promote sanitation financing product
- Mentoring on promotion and sales strategy to MFIs marketing team to support promotion and sales activities
- Increasing sales number on sanitation financing product from MFI
- Monitoring and evaluating sales performance from MFI marketing teams and making recommendations on sales mechanisms to make sustainability on sanitation product selling.
In order to increase sales number, she/he has to identify to the existing promotion tools in MFI and if there is not available, she/he should inform the needs on the promotions tools in MFI, she/he have to provide the needs in coordination with USAID IUWASH PLUS EJRO team.
Working with the USAID IUWASH PLUS EJRO team, she/he will support the increased sales number of sanitation financing products from MFI.
The responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Identify the existing promotion tools that are used by MFIs marketing team to sell sanitation financing products.
- Coordination with MFI to promote sanitation financing product.
- Mentoring on promotion and sales to MFIs marketing team to support promotion sales on MFIs sanitation financing products.
- Increase sales on sanitation financing products from MFI.
- Monitor and evaluation to sales performance from MFIs marketing teams and make recommendations on sales mechanisms to make sustainability on sanitation product selling.
Minimum General Qualifications:
The consultant required for this program is most preferably stay in Malang District so she/he knows better about Malang District (location, community, characteristic, sanitation access, etc), working 10 days per month for 5 months period, with the following qualifications :
Education Background (20%)
S-1 bachelor’s degree, in social or other relative discipline.
Working Method (50%)
- Understand about promotion and sales.
- Good coordination with local business institutions; MFI and other business institutions.
- Promoting sanitation products is an advantage.
- Able to work under pressure and committed to sales targets.
Pass Performance (30%)
Minimum 5 years experience in Microfinance Institution as marketing team.
Having work experience in sanitation product selling is an advantage.
Expected Start Date: April 2021
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before March 8, 2021. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Available in English (English)