Individual Consultant on Scaling Up the KKMARA and Infiltration Pond Program_ JKT
(JOB CODE : STTA/KKMARA_JKT)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five year-and-eight months initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
- An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidates to fill the position of
Individual Consultant for Identify and Analysis the Potential National Agency on Scaling Up the KKMARA and Infiltration Pond Program.
(JOB CODE: STTA/KKMARA_JKT)
Scope of Works
In general, the tasks and responsibilities of the individual consultant will include, but not limited to:
- Identify, analyze and mapping the main tasks and functions of several agencies/ministries that have mandatory and responsibilities to manage, protect and regulate the water resources issues at the National level.
- Facilitating discussion, communication, negotiation and explaining the importance and benefits of the KKMARA program and the construction of the infiltration ponds to agencies/ministries deemed potential and most appropriate as supervisors and coordinators of the KKMARA program and infiltration ponds at the national level.
- Identify and plan the need for discussions/workshops in raising and mainstreaming various issues and benefits regarding the KKMARA program and the construction of infiltration ponds at the national level involving various stakeholders related to water resources issues.
- Make analysis and formulate various recommendations related to agencies/ministries deemed appropriate as supervisors and coordinators of the KKMARA program and the infiltration ponds at the national level.
- Draft the framework of KKMARA based on broad consultation with stakeholders
- Minimum a bachelor degree in a relevant field such as environmental engineering, civil engineering, and other relevant fields
- At least eight (10) years of experience working with the National agencies/ministry, having a knowledge and experiences on water resources conservation and regulation, water supply issues, general environmental issues and WASH sector will be an advantage;
- Has experience working with national multi-stakeholder at the National level (NGO, private sectors, Donors) with water and environmental issues.
- Possesses good writing skill to capture and formulate the results and lessons learned from workshop, discussion and lobbying with National agencies/ministries and multi-stakeholder.
- Possesses basic communication and facilitation skills, including moderating discussion, meeting, and workshop;
- Possesses good verbal and written communications skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English;
- Has experience in working and managing implementing partners from relevant institutions including Government, WASH operators, donors, NGO’s, private sectors and other relevant partners;
- Flexibility to work on evenings and weekends on occasion, and to travel within the pilot when required.
Expected Start Date: April 2021
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before March 7, 2021. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Available in English (English)