(JOB CODE: STTA/SCW_JKT)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five year-and-eight months initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
- An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidates to fill the position of
Individual Consultant for Stories and Content Writer (JOB CODE: STTA/SCW_JKT)
The Stories and Content Writer will work under the direction of the USAID IUWASH PLUS National Coordinator for Project Communication as part of the Project Communication Team within the Advocacy and Communication (component 4) Team. In general, he/she must have the ability to write good articles both in English and Indonesia. He/she must be able to take complex data/information and turn it into compelling success stories for signature programs, reports, newsletter, final publication, and weekly highlights, including contents for other program publications, as well as providing translation when necessary.
Scope of Works
The tasks and responsibilities of the Stories and Content Writer will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Write success stories and support the development of Signature Program
- Provide support and backstop in the development of Final Publication
- Provide support in content writing and development for a broad range of public USAID IUWASH PLUS communication/promotion events, such as newsletter, articles, and other publications;
- Support the write-ups for USAID IUWASH PLUS website and social media accounts;
- Support the storyline writing for video development
- Edit and proofread contents and correct for errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar, and improve readability of USAID IUWASH PLUS communication products;
- Receive technical guidance from National Coordinator, Project Communications.
- A bachelor’s degree in the relevant fields, such as journalism, literature, mass communication, or social sciences;
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience in a similar field. Experienced in working in USAID or donors’ program is an advantage;
- Strong writing and translation skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia;
- Understand the differences of writing styles and able to learn fast to adapt to the project’s writing style
- Experienced in the stories development process, including how to interview resource persons to get relevant information and statement for the stories
- Ability to improve and edit text in articles or other publications/products prepared by various project staff;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with quick turnarounds.
- Have good initiative, creative, and attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, but also a good team player;
- Reachable during working days and easy to communicate, including attending meetings or doing the work at the USAID IUWASH PLUS office when necessary.
Expected Start Date: March 2021
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before February 28, 2021. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Available in Indonesia (Indonesian)