Individual Consultant for GIS Assistant – Distribution Pipe Network and Customer Spatial Data PDAM Tirta Pakuan, Kota Bogor (Job Code: FP ICA/GISBG_WJDT)
(Job Code: FP ICA/GISBG_WJDT)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-and-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidate to fill the position of
Individual Consultant for GIS Assistant – Distribution Pipe Network and Customer Spatial Data PDAM Tirta Pakuan, Kota Bogor
(Job Code: FP ICA/GISBG_WJDT)
The main objective of this proposed support program is to:
1. Complete the spatial data that is equipped with data attributes for distribution pipelines, including accessories with good quality;
2. Include PDAM customer spatial data;
3. Strengthen the GIS capacity of PDAM respective staff; and
4. Monitor and evaluate the GIS system and management
The GIS consultant will assist PDAM staff of Kota Bogor in developing PDAM spatial databases, particularly distribution pipelines and accessories, so that they are ready to be used to analyze NRW in each respective system in the future program. The tasks of the technical assistance can be summarized as follows:
1. Assess the status of mastery and utilization of GIS technology in managing its spatial data : including the availability of equipment; availability of GIS operator staff; and availability of spatial data distribution network data and, including its condition.
2. Develop PDAM spatial database for all pipeline network.
3. Provide guidance to PDAM staff to build effective and efficient spatial data.
4. Train the PDAM staff and improve the mastery of GIS operational techniques including; digitization, data conversion, data attribute management, join table, query analysis, overlapping analysis, and the preparation of thematic maps, etc.
5. Train the PDAM staff in conducting efficient and accurate field surveys through increased mastery and use of survey tools.
6. Monitor the progress of the implementation for spatial water supply data development, both in terms of completeness and quality.
7. Ensure the development of spatial water supply data particularly for distribution network data, will ready to use by analyzing the pressure and losses in NRW reduction programs.
8. Encourage PDAM to complete spatial data of pipelines, piping fitting / accessories entirely and customer water meters, then PDAM Tirta Pakuan Kota Bogor will capable to complete the development of 100% spatial data for pipeline network.
Qualification of Specialist Required
1. At least a bachelor degree in information technology (IT) preferably with a geo-science background.
2. Mastering GIS technology, GIS Open-source applications especially QGIS
3. Experience as a GIS consultant / Trainer for more than 5 years.
4. Prefer have work experience on similar programs for more than 1 client.
Expected Start Date: November 2020
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before September 7, 2020. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Available in English (English)