(JOB CODE : FPICA/PBLLTT_JKT)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-and-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
- An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidate to fill the position of
Individual Consultant for Pocket Book LLTT Jakarta (JOB CODE: FPICA/PBLLTT_JKT)
Scheduled Desludging or Layanan Lumpur Tinja Terjadwal (LLTT) has been implemented at several cities, particularly at IUWASH PLUS area. Those cities has been launching LLTT program. Others city still prepared. The Ministry of Public Work and Housing also encourage many city to implemented LLTT. The city, who implemented LLTT programs, has need to accomplish several requirement and prepare LLTT development plan. The LLTT development plan, it depend on LLTT planning aspect. The summary of this assignment is:
- To Rewrite LLTT concept in concise and simple way
- Restructuring and Rewrite LLTT implementation for first phase
- Develop LLTT implementation for the second phase
- Collecting information on process LLTT launching or implementation,
- Conduction interviews, review lesson learn, or other documentation from city who already implement LLTT and city who prepared LLTT,
- Restructuring and rewrite implementation step of LLTT,
- Develop diagram, picture or other similar to complete the pocket book,
- Prepare the outline,
- Develop the concept of pocket book,
- Present outline the concept of pocket book,
- Finalizations pocket book,
- Prepare small reports.
- All meeting costs will be covered by IUWASH PLUS.
WORKING ARRANGEMENTS AND TIMING
The individual consultant will work under the supervision of the IUWASH PLUS National Septage Management Specialist. The assignment is expected to be completed within four months (August – November 2020).
Minimum General Qualifications:
The candidate should meet the following qualification:
- Minimum an S-1 bachelors’ degree in Environmental Engineering, or related field,
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in Waste Water Domestic Management and/or Fecal Sludge Management (FSM),
- Minimum have 3 times experience in writing book in wastewater domestic field or similar.
- Have experience in scheduled desludging or LLTT is an advantage
Expected Start Date: August 2020
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before July 31, 2020. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Available in English (English)