GIS SERVICE PROVIDER IN PDAM BANTAENG – Fixed Price ICA (Job Code : FPIC/GISBTG-SSEI/STTA)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-and-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS is looking for a short term consultant to fill the position of
GIS SERVICE PROVIDER TO SUPPORT OF DATA SPASIAL DEVELOPMENT OF CUSTOMER AND PIPE DISTRIBUTION IN PDAM BANTAENG – Under Fixed Price ICA (Job Code : FPIC/GISBTG-SSEI/STTA)
1. PDAM staff finish spatial data of complete distribution pipeline network, including its accessories, with good quality. The spatial data also has attached data attribute, as needed for network analysis.
2. PDAM staff are able to complete active customer data in the form of spatial data.
3. PDAM staff is able to carry out pipeline network analysis based on its data attributes.
These activities will contribute to the following IUWASH PLUS outcomes:
1. C2 -1 Increased scoring in PDAM Indices
2. C4d Number of people with increased knowledge/skills/awareness as a result of events/ workshops
The GIS Expert serves as a partner of USAID IUWASH PLUS, to provide technical assistance to staff of PDAM Kabupaten Bantaeng in developing spatial databases, especially distribution pipelines and accessories. Therefore the complete spatial data of distribution pipeline network could be used as a baseline data in leak analysis. The main task of the GIS Expert is to act as a consultant for the process developing of water supply spatial data that implemented by PDAM staff. The scope of work of the assistance include:
- Assist the PDAM staff how to build the effective and efficient of spatial data
- Teach and assist the PDAM staff to improve their mastery of GIS operational techniques, including; digitization, data conversion, data attribute management, join table, query analysis, overlapping analysis, and the preparation of thematic maps, and others.
- Teach and assist the PDAM staff in conducting field survey that is more efficient and accurate through increased mastery and use of survey tools.
In carry out of his duties, the GIS Expert will be under the supervision of USAID IUWASH PLUS team of South Sulawesi and East Indonesia Region, in this case is Urban Water Supply Specialist and will be supported and coordinated with National GIS team (GIS Specialist).
Within four (4) months of implementation of the GIS assistance program – the development of water supply of spatial data, the GIS Expert is required to submit reports on the implementation process, including:
1. Reports, as follow:
a) Inception report, which contains the methodology and work schedule implementation plan
b) Draft Final Report, contained progress of development of spatial data PDAM consist of :
100% volume of transmission pipe digitized include the attribute data complete
100% volume of main and secondary distribution pipe digitized include the attribute data complete
80% volume of tertiary distribution pipe digitized include the attribute data
80% volume of the pipe accessories digitized
100% accurate of customer location point
c) Final report, which contains of progress on implementation and targets achieved.
2. Presentation materials for workshop
The contract period will be for about 4 months starting from Signing Contract Date. The nature of the contract is part-time work.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- The minimum education of the prospective applicant is Bachelor (S1), preferably has a geo-science background or any related to;
- Mastering in GIS technology, GIS Open-source applications especially QGIS, and having experience as a GIS Expert/Trainer, preferably with experience working on similar programs.
Prospective applicant must submit a proposal and portfolio of past experienced (CV’s). The portfolio must be clearly labeled with the name of the bidder on the work, phone number and email address.
Expected Start Date: October 2019
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before September 23, 2019. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Available in English (English)