Microfinance and Business Enabling Specialists based in Jakarta Office, Surabaya Office, and Makassar Office (Iklan Hanya Tersedia Dalam Bahasa Inggris)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-and-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidates to fill the positions of
1 (One) Microfinance and Business Enabling Specialist based in Jakarta Office (JOB CODE : MBES-JKT)
1 (One) Regional Microfinance and Business Enabling Specialist based in Surabaya Office (JOB CODE : MBES-SBY)
1 (One) Regional Microfinance and Business Enabling Specialist based in Makassar Office (JOB CODE : MBES-MKS)
The primary objective of the above position is to implement IUWASH PLUS activities in providing access to WASH through the engagement with MFI and enable the WASH market.
The Regional Microfinance and Business Enabling Specialist (MBE) will coordinate the overall IUWASH PLUS WASH activities to engage with MFI and enable WASH market in their designated region. His/her responsibilities and tasks will include, but not be limited to the following:
a. Microfinance Program
1. Identify Microfinance Institutions that is potential to collaborate and support IUWASH PLUS program
2. Lead the activity to Introduce the importance of sanitation and drinking water loans / financing in MFIs (savings and loan cooperatives and BPRs) in the IUWASH PLUS working area
3. Providing assistance to MFIs in developing loan / financing products for sanitation and drinking water
4. Ensure that the targets determined by IUWASH PLUS are achieved and measured, especially access to loans / financing of sanitation and drinking water to the public in the IUWASH PLUS work area
5. Ensure the involvement of MFIs on IUWASH PLUS activities that relate to the community and other stakeholders
6. Work closely with WASH Financing Specialists in their work areas to ensure that MFIs carry out activities within the scope of IUWASH PLUS
b. Business Enabling Program
1. Identifying and support local and regional potential BDS (Business Development Services) providers (consultants and/or firms) for implementation of the Marketing Strategy. These BDS providers will assist targeted implementation partners with marketing and promotion, technical, and business management of WASH products and services. And,
2. Assist and support WASH service providers (BDS potential) for any capacity building needed to strengthen their business. This include but not limited to technical, finance, marketing, business development, etc.
3. Facilitating business linkages between BDS providers and the local government, microfinance institutions (MFIs), WASH entrepreneurs and enterprises, UPTDs, and/or private desludging operators participating in the Marketing Strategy Implementation, as appropriate.
4. Reporting to the Regional Manager regarding IUWASH PLUS activities in its working area
• Data monitoring on the involvement of MFI
• Data monitoring on progress activities and services provided by BDS
• Input related to the above for IUWASH PLUS biweekly, quarterly, annual and other reports as well as work plans.
• Accurate data in accordance with the IUWASH PLUS Activity Monitoring Plan (AMP)
• Technical reports, articles and other publications related to the above.
• Possess at least a university degree (S1) majoring in Economics/Financial Management/Business Administration/Marketing or related field.
• At least 5-years experiences providing technical assistance or as a consultant of micro finance program and business development services (BDS).
• Experiences in micro finance in relation to seeking financial source to small enterprise to improve its business.
• Having experience working in development program especially in relation to the microfinance and business development services (BDS).
• Having experience working with national, central and local government, NGO and private sector relating to the micro finance program advocacy and business would be additional credit points.
• Preferable focused knowledge on capacity building for area of business linkages, value chain development, financial literacy, Business plan development and marketing;
• General awareness of key stakeholders and players in WASH sector;
• Experience with USAID programs is highly desirable
• Able to work independently in limited supervision/facility in his/her designated areas
• Excellent team player with a range of people, excellent interpersonal skills, with experience in community facilitation, training and organizing work
• Experience in report writing, preferable in English
Expected Start Date: August 2019
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com or IUWASHPLUS.firstname.lastname@example.org before July 14, 2019. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Available in English (English)