Senior Institutional / Training Specialist based in Jakarta for National Office (JOB Code : SITS-JKT) (Iklan Hanya Tersedia dalam Bahasa Inggris)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. An increase of one million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidate to fill the position of
Senior Institutional / Training Specialist based in Jakarta for National Office (JOB Code : SITS-JKT)
The National Senior Institutional / Training Specialist will work under the direction of the National Program Coordinator of the Program and serves as one of the two national specialists of the Program, with special focus on supporting activities and operations at the National and regional level on Capacity Building of PDAM staff. General tasks include:
· Support achievement of project goals and objectives, in particularly to detailed program and activities plan of Capacity Building at National and regional levels;
· Coordinating with key stakeholders at National level, including governmental partners, donor agencies and others
· Support close internal coordination among national technical regional staff (especially with IUWASH PLUS PDAM Specialist and WASH Finance Specialist).
· Provide institutional support for regional program operation for the Capacity Building / training programs, in accordance with DAI and USAID policies and regulations.
Specific tasks and responsibilities of the National Senior Institutional / Training Specialist include, but are not limited to, the following:
Support Central- and West-Java teams with preparation of Capacity Building programs, including:
Conduct training needs assessment for PDAM staff on variety of topics
Support development of Capacity Building plans for each PDAM
Identify pool of training expert for selected training topics
collect relevant training curricula and syllabi for each topic from previous USAID funded projects, government ministries (including MPWH, BPPSPAM, etc.) and/or other donor programs (PERPAMSI, YPTD, and the World Bank)
Oversee smooth and effective implementation of capacity building programs, including:
Final selection of priority topics for each PDAMs per program year
Oversee implementation of the trainings, including pre-and post test and resulting in action plans for each topic
Monitor implementation and results and take corrective action where necessary, including additional PDAM staff mentoring, where required
Support Junior Engineer, assigned to each PDAM in provide adequate follow-up
Support the strengthening of relations and/or commitment between PDAM/PEMDA and National level Ministries, particularly related to the the CoE program
Support cross-fertilization between project partners within and among the two regions, where the Program is implemented, as well as with other relevant programs
Built strong relation with institute within GOI, which is responsible for implementation of the Centre of Excellence (CoE) programs,
Throughout the above, ensure regional compliance with DAI policies and risk management protocols as well as the rules and regulations of DAI, USAID and SECO.
Importantly, engage the Regional coordinator of the program immediately regarding any issues that may arise and pose a potential liability to DAI, USAID and/or SECO, including those related to employee or consultant underperformance, team cohesion, possible ethical or other policy violations, project finance, legal matters, etc.
Prepare regular reporting
Perform other tasks and duties consist with the above.
1. Contribute to program section within the IUWASH PLUS quarterly, annual and final reports as well as Annual Workplans
2. Timely and accurate data in support of monitoring IUWASH PLUS outcomes and deliverables, specifically for technical work undertaken with PDAMs and at Central level.
3. Occasional articles, reports, publications and/or essays highlighting program achievements or any other emerging issue of interest.
Expected Start Date : March/April 2019
Minimum General Qualifications:
At least bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, preferable in Economy/Financial/ Environmental/Technical Engineering;
Minimum 10 years’ experience supporting institutional / technical training programs
Familiar with and experience in working with PDAM in capacity building or as trainer
Excellent communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English (writing)
Good computer skills (Word, Excel, power point, etc)
Having experience with USAID or other Donors is an advantage
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_Plus_Recruitment@dai.com or email@example.com before February 24, 2019. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Available in English (English)