National Coordinator for Micro Finance based in Jakarta Office (JOB CODE : NCMF-JKT) (Iklan Ini Hanya Tersedia Dalam Bahasa Inggris)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) project is a five-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. An increase of one million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber incumbent to fill the position of
National Coordinator for Micro Finance based in Jakarta Office (JOB CODE : NCMF-JKT)
Task and Responsibility:
The National Coordinator for Micro Finance will work under the direction of Behavior Change and Marketing Advisor / Team Lead Component 1 in relation to the program of improving household WASH services through micro finance scheme. The coordinator will be responsible for directing the activities of introducing microfinance institutions (MFIs) that include cooperatives, community credit organizations, and commercial banks to the WASH market. Also, the coordinator will support the region in facilitating partnerships between MFIs and sanitation SMEs or business to ensure that financing and construction go hand-in-hand. In addition to the above, National Coordinator for Micro Finance will work closely with Component 3, strengthening the WASH financing environment.
The tasks and responsibilities of the National Coordinator for Micro Finance will include, but not be limited to, the following:
· Work closely with regional team of WASH Finance and Behavior Change Specialists to implement micro finance program to facilitate the urban poor population to access water supply and sanitation infrastructure.
· Support Project Components 1 and 3 in preparation of IUWASH annual work plans and budgets resulting in agreed action plans, incorporating cost-sharing and /or leveraging of local and National stakeholders.
· Maintaining regular contact with Regional WASH Financing Specialists, joining regular IUWASH meetings, and providing advice to Regional Managers and the WASH Financing Advisor on priority technical issues related to microfinance activities and achievements.
· Engage national stakeholders in the effort to strengthen micro finance program in developing the national regulation for WASH improvement to include engage with Finance Service Authority (OJK), Bappenas and other related agencies.
· Support the IUWASH PLUS Monitoring &Evaluation team, to monitor microfinance implementation in all project regions.
· Possess at least a university degree (S1) majoring in Economics or Financial Management.
· At least 5-years experiences providing technical assistance or as a consultant of micro finance program.
· Experiences in micro finance in relation to seeking financial source to small enterprise to improve its business.
· Having experience working with micro finance institution; assisting product development and the development of strategic plan for micro finance institution especially for a cooperative in doing business supporting micro finance for WASH products.
· Having experience working in development program especially in relation to the microfinance
· Having experience working with national, central and local government relating to the micro finance program advocacy would be additional credit points.
· Able to work independently in limited supervision/facility in his/her designated areas
· Excellent team player with a range of people, excellent interpersonal skills, with experience in community facilitation, training and organizing work
· Experience in report writing, preferable in English
Expected Start Date : March 2019
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com or IUWASHPLUS.email@example.com before February 8, 2019. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Available in English (English)