The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene ‘Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua’ (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-year initiative to assist Government of Indonesia in increasing access to water and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable population. Implemented by DAI Global LLC, IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. An increase of one million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply services of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to an improved sanitation facility and all of whom are from the poorest 40% of the population.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, IUWASH PLUS undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) Improving household WASH services; 2) Strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) Strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) Advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber incumbent to fill the position of
Project Communication Associate based in Jakarta Office (JOB CODE : PCA-JKT)
Task and Responsibility:
The Project Communication Associate will work under the direction of the USAID IUWASH PLUS National Coordinator for Project Communication as part of the Project Communication Team within the Advocacy and Communication (component 4) Team. He/she must have the ability to take complex information and write compelling stories for articles and other program publications, as well as providing both written and oral translations (Bahasa Indonesia and English).
The tasks and responsibilities of the Project Communication Associate will include, but not be limited to, the following:
· Write and translate feature articles for program newsletter, other publications, and program activities;
· Write and translate success stories for program reports;
· Provide write-ups for USAID IUWASH PLUS website and social media accounts;
· Provide write-ups and/or translation for project reports, communication/knowledge products, and other publications
· Assist the content management and updates of USAID IUWASH PLUS website and social media accounts, including preparing monthly
website and social media metrics;
· Edit and proofread contents and correct for errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar, and improve readability of USAID IUWASH PLUS
· Provide support for a broad range of public USAID IUWASH PLUS communication/promotion events;
· Support development and completion of Component 4 deliverables, USAID/IUWASH PLUS regular biweekly notes, weekly and monthly highlights,
quarterly and annual progress reports, and annual work plan;
· Update and maintain communication products database and list;
· Receive technical guidance from the National Coordinator for Project Communication.
· Articles and its translation for USAID IUWASH PLUS newsletter and other publications;
· Success stories and its translation for USAID IUWASH PLUS reports (monthly report, quarterly reports, annual report, annual work plans, final
· Write-ups and feature articles for USAID IUWASH PLUS website and social media accounts;
· Translation for project reports, communication products, and other publications;
· Corrected errors of USAID IUWASH PLUS communication products to improve readability;
· Updated database and list of communication products.
A bachelor’s degree in a relevant fields such as mass communication, journalism, literature, or social sciences;
Minimum 5 years of previous experience in similar field;
Strong writing and translation skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia;
Experience in editing and formatting reports and publications, both print and electronic;
Experience in managing and updating website and social media contents
High level of Microsoft Office competency (especially Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher);
Ability to work with various project staff to improve their write-ups when necessary;
Experience with the media is a plus;
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with quick turnarounds.
Expected Start Date : Available immediately
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com or IUWASHPLUS.email@example.com before March 20, 2018. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.